In-ear headphones

Bits, Bytes & Bootstraps

Moderator: Jedi

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

In-ear headphones

Post by Lichtgestalt » 17th Jul, '12, 01:27

Looks like my good old Shure 304 (or E3) finally gave up and I'm in the market for new high quality in-ear headphones. Any recommendations?

The Shure 4series still seems to be top, read some good reviews for the Sennheiser IE80 as well. Never tried Etymotics.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Re: In-ear headphones

Post by Morrolan » 20th Jul, '12, 09:46

i have a pair of Sennheisers that are my favourites. the quality is never top of the line with these earphones, but what matters most for me is how comfortable they are. these, i can wear for hours (long flights) without discomfort. something i can't say about, for instance, Klipsch...

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 20th Jul, '12, 17:45

Friend of mine swears on Westone UM3X

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 20th Jul, '12, 18:28

Wear a pair of Sony Noise Cancelling ones, specifically for flights. Interchangeable different sized ear buds gives you good comfort....until you lose one! GRRRR!!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 20th Jul, '12, 18:48

Mine are also Sony, the noise canceling type, although not sure which model. Whichever model that came with my phone. They really cancel out noise during long-haul flights full of caterwauling babies.