A coal sack free zone. Brought to you by PetBuddies

Moderator: FurBaby

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Want to help stray dogs in Phuket?

Post by FurBaby » 11th Mar, '08, 20:34

Hi all,

The Soi Dog Foundation (SDF) ("soi" = "street" in Thai) is a non-profit organisation that provides food and medical care for the street dogs in Phuket: http://www.soidog.org/About_Soi_Dog.htm They care for the strays living in temples, beaches and have recently built a shelter to house dogs who have special needs.

This youtube video will give you some idea of their work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s225UClTFhY

A friend of mine is going to Phuket at the end of April, and will be buying and bringing over some boxes of drop-on flea/tick medication like Frontline/Revolution to the Soi Dog Foundation. This is the most cost-effective thing to donate from Singapore, as it's comparatively expensive to buy the stuff in Phuket, and it's easy to pack and check in when you're flying there.

At the pet store I regularly use, these are the prices for a 3-dose box of the flea/tick medication:
Hartz: $20.00
Frontline: $36.00
Revolution: $65.00 (this one contains heartworm, anti-mite and anti-tick medication as well)

If you would like to donate a box or 2 (or 10! [smilie=w00t.gif] ) for the Soi dogs, do drop me a PM/email/SMS!

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Re: Want to help stray dogs in Phuket?

Post by FurBaby » 13th Mar, '08, 11:18

*bump*

i've made an arrangement with my regular pet supply shop - if you want to donate but don't have the time to go to the shops, you can place an order with the shop over the phone/fax/sms, and the shop will store the consolidated orders and deliver them to my friend just before she leaves for Phuket at end-April.

so ... PM/email/SMS me if you'd like details of how to place an order!
[smilie=yahoo.gif]

Flora20
Lurker
Mood: fine

Re: Want to help stray dogs in Phuket?

Post by Flora20 » 3rd Apr, '12, 14:24

Pet clearly has any type of damaged cuboid, or other apparent exterior damage, you need to carry him or her to the vet instantly. Brittle cuboid are quite apparent if they deform the epidermis, and they're quite risky if eventually left without therapy. The same is real of any exterior reduces or gashes, especially if extreme blood loss is provide.

atopica dosage