I'm a new man!

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: I'm a new man!

Post by baloo » 17th Jun, '08, 13:30

In Singapore the blood work was included in the cost. I think in Oz it's an added cost. Not much though, standard kidney function test.

No other costs involved. You do need to get multi-vitamins, but you can get them anywhere. A good kitchen scale that measures down to 1gm is a must. A decent scale that measures down to 100g is handy when on the programme. Plenty of freezer bags is handy too. but all of these is just to make your life easier on the programme. None are supplied or forced onto you by the programme.

The main extra cost that hit me was having to completely redo my entire wardrobe twice. Once at 25kg and another at 50kg down. Even shoes needed to be replaced as I dropped a shoe size as well.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

sundaymorningstaple
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Thinner!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » 17th Jun, '08, 13:59

Oops, forgot about that cost! I'm currently wearing 25 year old slacks! :oops: made by a local tailor here all those years ago. I'm off this coming Saturday and have $800 worth of CKTangs GCerts so will start rebuilding my wardrobe there! Good timing with the GSS going on at the moment!

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 17th Jun, '08, 14:57

Slacks!!! Mmmmarvelous!!!

Right up there with "a nice frock"!!!

[smilie=kiss.gif]
Life's too short...

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 17th Jun, '08, 15:04

Bugger. I was going to have pancakes for lunch (using up leftovers) but this thread got to me so I had a bowl of fruit!

Keeping the weight off is reeaalllyy boring and hard. I lost 25kg last year and while I would like to lose another 5 I am not currently "in the right place" to do so and keeping it off is task enough.

But welldone those 2 men. [smilie=meclap.gif] [smilie=meclap.gif]

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Tack » 17th Jun, '08, 15:23

No wonder it's so hard! I take quite high doses of B6 (in a Vit B suppliment) in an attempt to delay/avoid Carpal Tunnel surgery and it increases appetite according to above :o

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 17th Jun, '08, 15:29

I don't have a big appetite any more. As some of you know, because you tell me off, I often forget to eat until I feel faint or get a headache. :roll: Not good and I know I should eat 5-6 small meals a day but I can hardly eat 3.

I weigh way more than I should for what I eat, which is a real pisser.

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 17th Jun, '08, 15:51

Just wanted to check that there were no major hidden costs that they hit you with once you have signed up. doesnt appear so - very reasonable.

And somehow I think I would be able to cope (just about) with the shopping bill for new clothes at the end of it. :D :D

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 17th Jun, '08, 15:55

JJ, you really need to be strict on this thing. I've seen one bad meal, or one naughty night throw weithloss out by a week or two. Your body gets in a zone and it sheds the weight. Interrupt the zone and you've lost a couple of weeks of effort. I was bringing lunch from home. I'd go to social events (weddings, dinner and dances) deliberately late so I could eat at home and turn up without too many people asking why I wouldn't eat.

The only drop of alcohol I had in 6 months, 2 weeks and 4 days (or there abouts) was I glass of beer on the day BBIII was born.

Make sure you can handle the self discipline. Without it you are wasting your money.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

sundaymorningstaple
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Thinner!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » 17th Jun, '08, 16:01

Truer words were never spoken!

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 17th Jun, '08, 16:20

discipline on the eating front I have no issue with.

Its the 6months on (or rather off) the alcohol front. hmmm yes, aware that its a huge committment so will need to think long and hard about it....

... and perhaps change my avatar! :D