bones......

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

bones......

Post by chocolate » 8th Jan, '09, 00:21

Anyone know anything that helps promote bone formation other than calcium/Vit D?

i have 2 bones that HAVE TO heal in 6 weeks or i'm going to be very upset. I'm already taking Calcium/vit D/ Magnesium...anything else, herbal or otherwise?

ta
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Re: bones......

Post by Morrolan » 8th Jan, '09, 05:13

rest...

oh and stay away from paracetamol as it may hamper bone growth according to some studies.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 8th Jan, '09, 06:02

Ahem, Dr Choc - you worked for a company making menopause drugs, so you know damn well there is no short-cut to healing ALL your broken toes.

What's more important - dancing in six weeks or dancing and walking properly in 6-60 years? Behave yourself, or I'm going to have very stern words with you. :evil:

Get a cal-mag-D-boron supplement, check the amount of elemental calcium (they do say calcium citrate provides the best source), increase your intake of calcium-enriched foodstuffs and stay off the booze 'cos you know as well as I do that it contributes to loss of calcium.

chocolate
Going Postal

Post by chocolate » 8th Jan, '09, 06:45

it's ok
i got read the riot act this morning by the doctor.....i'm scared...i'm off it trust me, but i'm hoping it will actually be fixed in 6 weeks so i can dance in the show this March....

but i will be good......promise.........
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 8th Jan, '09, 06:47

Yes well don't forget I am back on Facebook and keeping my eye on you. :P

chocolate
Going Postal

Post by chocolate » 8th Jan, '09, 06:51

*scared* very very scared....