Ovarian cancer

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Ovarian cancer

Post by Aliya » 13th Mar, '08, 13:26

Although ovarian cancer is among the deadliest of cancers, with only a third of the 7,000 women diagnosed each year surviving, the tragedy is that if it's caught in its early stages, 95 per cent of cases are treatable.

But most GPs will see only about four cases in their lifetime, so it's often not picked up until the disease is well into its late stages.

Ovarian cancer is frequently misdiagnosed as IBS because the symptoms - including bloated tummy, frequent urination and tiredness - are almost identical. A blood test plus an ultrasound will be able to tell you if you have OC.

I attach the symptoms of it, it is becoming more and more prevalent, if you have any of these symptoms, dont delay getting it checked out!
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Ovarian cancer

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Mar, '08, 13:44

I was getting worried there, but I don't have abnormal vaginal bleeding so I've not got it.

Chicks, be aware of your bodies so us men can continue to be aware of them!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal