/swine flu vaccine

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Have you had the H1N1(2009) - Swine Flu vaccine

Yes
33%
Yes, and all the family too
No votes
No and never
20%
No but thinking about it
20%
No but if someone sticks it in my arm/arse I'll accept it
20%
Meh
7%

Total votes: 15

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

/swine flu vaccine

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Jan, '10, 00:22

OK, a few months ago we were all worried about swine flu. More is known about it now, it doesn't seem to have a huge effect on numbers of deaths but it seems different people are being effected.

There's Swine flu vaccine available. Who's had it? Who will? Who won't? Who doesn't care? Who will only do it if the company pays? Who will....well, you get the idea.

Vote away.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Bender
I post here professionally

Re: /swine flu vaccine

Post by Bender » 9th Jan, '10, 04:51

Had it before going to SIN last year. It's a free jab here.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Jan, '10, 07:52

Was just asking as there's a healthy thread here about insurance. Immunisations are quite an effective insurance against diseases, and hence should be looked into. It may not be right for everyone, but at least give it some thought!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 9th Jan, '10, 09:08

they are only give flu shots to people to make them go shopping, my step mother had two and she's been in the shops every day she's been in Singapore buying and buying, didn't you guys see that simpsons episode? and they call it a silly little cartooon.

for me meh, it's a flu virus, like every flu virus, not in a high risk category so nah..

if I had respiratory problems I would, or other risk factors, I'd consider it... otherwise, meh... it's a flu, not terribly virulent,,probably about to mutate so what's the point of the jab?

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 9th Jan, '10, 18:38

I had it before I went back to the UK. I took Mini with the intention of getting him done too but they weren't giving it to kids here at that stage. I had it so that I couldn't get it and pass it onto him or my parents who are not in good health.

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 9th Jan, '10, 21:15

Getting it next friday.

They are now giving it to everyone at work so why not, seems like a good idea.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 9th Jan, '10, 22:18

chocolate wrote:They are now giving it to everyone at work so why not, seems like a good idea.
Lemming...(would you expect me to say anything else)
I got swine flu about 6 months ago. I'm still here :D

From experience it's nothing more that a really bad flu. Really really odd flu but still a flu. I've had dengue in singapore a few years back and I can tell you which one was more scary. Dengue scared the living crap out of me and I only had a mild case. Kooky and nero had worse cases. The "pigs can fly" flu? Pffff... What a bunch of complete media hype.
"Flu is a serious illness, it kills people," he said. But, he added, "It does a disservice to public health when, in the name of a preparedness crusade, people create a narrative of crisis or catastrophe before we have enough data that this is happening."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFluNe ... _pitchlist

Get Educated, do some chocolating, make your own informed decision. Swine flu is another classic case of MSM hype.

In fact in the coming months the swine flu fraud will be exposed for what it really is...
A scientist who advises the Government on swine flu is a paid director of a drugs firm making hundreds of millions of pounds from the pandemic.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urers.html
Hence...
Millions of doses of swine flu vaccine are to be given away - at a possible cost of £1billion.
Some 132million doses of the jab were ordered at the height of the scare about a worldwide pandemic.
But this has proved to be a colossal miscalculation - and millions of doses are lying unwanted.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ccine.html

Get it!
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 10th Jan, '10, 09:10

Nope. Never got a flu jab, never will.

I don't subscribe to that concept, and don't want the chemicals in my body. I'm with Legend.

Never got a flu that I couldn't kick, and I don't always get the the feared virus that occasionally goes around.

Polio and the like I'd get vaccinated for, of course. And yeah, the idea of dengue scares the crap outta me, but I also don't worry about it, over 5 years here and haven't had it.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 11th Jan, '10, 05:28

i may have already had it back in May, when I came back from a business trip around the world and ended up with some sort of lung affecting illness, which developed into a nasty bacterial infection. it took 3 different courses of anti-biotics and 3 months to get rid of it and at one point i was given Ventolin to be able to breathe properly.

never had a flu shot before in my life, but i'm getting this flu shot once i know i'm up for another business trip to Europe. just in case this wasn't it. i have a history of chronic bronchitis.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Jan, '10, 16:18

That's the reason I started getting the flu shot morro, constant lung/upper respiratory tract infections after small colds or flu. Worked very well, loads less issues.

Sardi, interesting that you'd take inoculations for some diseases and not others. What are your reasons for some and not others? Do you have a severity scale or something?

Poppy Appeal