need...energy...please...helf...

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Bob the Builder
Post Traumatic Stress

Re: need...energy...please...helf...

Post by Bob the Builder » 28th Mar, '08, 15:19

and you have managed to keep that 50kg off Baloo?

That's a hell of a lot.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 28th Mar, '08, 15:24

Climbed back up a little, about 5 to 7kg. It's been over 6 months since I finished.

While I would like to get back to where I was, under 80kg, I've got to be mindful of friends and family who keep telling me I looked sick and unwell at that weight. I think it was more a case of loose skin and shock that made them think that. Once they've gotten used to the fact that Big Baloo is no longer big, I should be able to creep back down without getting anorexia warnings everytime I go out.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 28th Mar, '08, 15:25

What I found interesting was how sculptured your face looked afterwards.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 28th Mar, '08, 15:27

Aliya wrote:What I found interesting was how sculptured your face looked afterwards.
What, as opposed to the bowling ball look I had before ?
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 28th Mar, '08, 15:30

I thought you looked great last time I saw you in Sing.

Particularly once I figured out who the strange fellow accosting me at Fight Night actually was... :D
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Aliya
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 28th Mar, '08, 15:33

He looks so..... Italian now....
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Bob the Builder
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Bob the Builder » 28th Mar, '08, 15:42

Blimey, that is some serious going. At 130 kg, you must have been a big unit.

Needing to lose about 15kg myself, I have been trying the eat less move more regime - now 5kg along that route. I've actually been enjoying going to the gym quite a bit and I always try to eat as healthily as possible. My undying love for that wonderful substance called beer is probably holding me back somewhat

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 28th Mar, '08, 16:09

Good job baloo & SMS. I'm so tempted to get the full diet for my younger brother who is 150kg or so as I understand! Only problem is I cant help him if he doesnt want to be helped! I'll tell him your and see how it goes!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 28th Mar, '08, 19:03

Here's what he looks like now......
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 29th Mar, '08, 00:08

A friend of mine went on a diet (can't remember what it was) and we didn't see him for about 12 months. He lost about 35 kg or so and I almost didn't recognise him when we met, just as well his wife was standing next to him. Funny thing was I thought he looked quite ill and skeletal, yet Mr P thought he looked really healthy and fit. It all depends on your outlook I suppose. I couldn't believe the difference it made to his face which used to be quite round and friendly, yet now he has such distinct cheekbones and virtually hollow cheeks, and a chiseled chin.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 29th Mar, '08, 07:55

There comes a point when you need to convert weight rather than lose it. Which is presumably the ill-health looking aspect of it. Although anyone who loses 50kg in a few months is going to look a bit unwell for a while. But once you're down to about 10% over the BMI (which isn't that good a measure of obseity anyway) you need to be thinking about losing fat but gaining muscle. And since muscle is more dense than fat you won't lose any more weight. This probably applies more to men than women. If women exercise too much they lose all their fat, which isn't very healthy.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 29th Mar, '08, 08:54

When women exercise too much and strip away all their fat they look like Madonna or Sarah Jessica Parker, which I think is one reason they both ended up on the Most Unsexy Women's list. They just over-did it.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.