• Advertisement
The Singapore Forum is closed

Much like our beloved Nigel, the sewing circle is no longer in action. The Singapore Forum will be kept up so the wealth of information collected over the years can still be found and used, but there won't be anything new.

Thanks to everyone that made The Singapore Forum, in all it's guises, a fun, informative and comfortable place to hang out while dodging work.

The Singapore Forum Mourners Society can be found on FaceBook. Just click on the icon below.

Just in time for Easter!

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Just in time for Easter!

Postby daffodil » 27th Mar, '12, 18:25

A good new story for us chocoholics... some of the good stuff every day helps keep those kg's away! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17511011
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.
daffodil
Part of the furniture

Mood: Typhoon'd...

Advertisement

Re: Just in time for Easter!

Postby Pinklepurr » 28th Mar, '12, 08:40

Oh I wish...
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous
Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Postby Lili Von Shtupp » 28th Mar, '12, 10:37

Actually, in my world this makes sense. Before I quit wheat and milk, if I had a sweet tooth for something chocolatey I would be just as likely to buy a piece of cake, cookies, ice cream etc, to satisfy the craving. Now, when I want chocolate, I eat chocolate and just chocolate, not a bunch of oreos, which has a whole different set of ingredients (almost all of which are processed beyond pronunciation) to worry about. I know, not very scientific, but somehow makes sense for me.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.
Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Mood: Notorious

Postby Kooky » 28th Mar, '12, 12:05

Yep, to me too. When I read up on raw food diets way back in about 2005 (and decided they were a step too far) a 30g piece of chocolate was often recommended as dessert. Good dark chocolate, not a milk + sugar concoction. Green & Black's do one just the right size :)

I always have a full-size bar or several in the fridge and it's surprising how little I eat, but I know it's there if I need it.
Kooky
Can't find the exit

Mood: Superior

Postby daffodil » 28th Mar, '12, 12:33

Patchi have opened a couple of outlets in Makati. Their dark chocolate with candied orange peel (amongst others) is just yummy.

Hmmm, no Easter eggs at M & S this year, panic setting in! :o
daffodil
Part of the furniture

Postby Monkey Hanger » 28th Mar, '12, 16:08

Oh no, Daff. Let us know if you need an emergency egg drop?

I had a little New Tree dark choc last night, melted in a pan with a chopped ripe pear chucked in. Yum! Feel lighter already.
Monkey Hanger
Post Traumatic Stress

Mood: Dizzy

Postby daffodil » 28th Mar, '12, 16:31

Emergency measures may be needed M H!

Whilst Easter is the biggest holiday of the year here, eggs & Hot X buns aren't generally part of the deal, sadly. Have to put together a plan for visiting the gourmet type outlets for these treats.
daffodil
Part of the furniture

Return to Good Health & Diet