Medal of Honour

Need a good place to eat ? Destination for Holiday ? Can't find a decent Handyman ? Or want to tell the world about your experiences ? This is the place.

Moderator: Fuzz

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Medal of Honour

Post by Fat Bob » 11th Jan, '11, 08:36

Just finished playing Medal of Honour, and must say, not overly impressed. The graphics were good (but no better than most other FPS) and the story line...well, to me, the story line just gets in the way and is more alike to the Call of Duty series (though I've not played the latest of that).

You play several soldiers amongst the forces in Afgahnistan, and run around, shooting the Taliban and al Queda, plus the odd Chechen who has popped down to help out. Various scenarios take place, but most cases means you are shooting to kill the baddies. You do jump between different characters, but in all cases you play either a special forces or Ranger and your job is simple: kill the opposition before they kill you.

I liked the old Medal of Honour series: they kept you as a single character winding your way through various events, and I must say, Medal of Honour Airborne is one of my favourite games as the levels can show some difficultly and it needs not only fire power but also a bit of thought on how to win.

This one doesn't have that hold, and I managed to complete it in one weekend with only a few hours play on each day.

Call of Duty is next, and though I enjoyed the World At War and other recent episodes, they weren't quite up there with MoH Airborne, so I'm unsure what this one will bring to me.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

T2K
Going Postal

Re: Medal of Honour

Post by T2K » 11th Jan, '11, 09:15

I've only played CoD: World at War, it was my first FPS game. I liked it, though the way you could get shot and then hide and recover fully a few seconds later seemed a little jokey.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising seemed a little more "realistic". Quotes used because A) it's still a video game that I play from my sofa and B) the shooting and weapons effects are more accurate (ballistics, bullet drop). If you get wounded you have to apply a field dressing or you will bleed to death. A leg wound means you can't run. An arm wound makes your aiming less stable. Some wounds are immediately fatal - you're dead and there is no 2nd chance. Having said that, if a medic gets to you then you can be completely, 100% fixed up. So it has it's jokey elements too.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 11th Jan, '11, 13:40

MoH sucks. I'm still playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. The Vietnam DLC that came out recently is awesome. Still the bust online shooter IMHO.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 11th Jan, '11, 13:48

Nothing beats the fun of an XBox Kinect
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.