Monster feet shoes aka vibram barefoot shoes

Need a good place to eat ? Destination for Holiday ? Can't find a decent Handyman ? Or want to tell the world about your experiences ? This is the place.

Moderator: Fuzz

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Monster feet shoes aka vibram barefoot shoes

Post by canuck » 26th Feb, '12, 17:11

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/produc ... Womans.htm

Ok so we used to run, then we moved closer to work, and stopped runing, al osttwoyears really. who knows why.. Been lazy really, but decided we want to try running again but it's so hot here and the thought of running tired me out...

I saw a colleague running in these shoes and asked about his experience, he said he likes them and now prefers them to standard shoes, we bit the bullet and bought two pairs, dorky? Yes. Comfortable? Yes, although toe shoes are odd at first. Good for running? I am a total convert, it is still hot out there, but i find i have better stamina and my legs feel less tired after running in them, old shoes left me feeling weak in the knees and stopping alot to rest.. I am now running up to 2km without stopping on only the 3rd time out...

My legs hurt in different ways, I feel more muscles than before but haven't hadthat really tired limbs feeling.. Love them, won't go back to standard runners.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Monster feet shoes aka vibram barefoot shoes

Post by Kooky » 26th Feb, '12, 17:17

Neo gave up on his long ago, went back to full trainers.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 26th Feb, '12, 17:19

Dork alert
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 26th Feb, '12, 17:47

Never tried them but is the advantage of them (or supposed to be)? But if it does the mind trick and gets you running then they have at least one benefit

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 26th Feb, '12, 18:08

baloo wrote:Dork alert
[smilie=mango.gif] yup, purple and yellow!!

Lightstick, they say it is about feedback etc... But for me it is, no socks! And i always liked going barefoot, hate confining running shoes,, it changes your gait and as i said to me it feels like less work... Running in grass is great, like being a kid again