Chicago

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Re: Chicago

Post by nev » 26th Nov, '13, 12:44

Should be interesting. I generally cope better with cold climate than hot. There was one summer in Western Australia I'll never forget, the mercury hit 47C and people were dropping like flies.

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 3rd Dec, '13, 02:56

baloo wrote:I still look at a map of the US and struggle to see why they call it the "Midwest". They might be friendly, but their geography sucks.
The term Midwest in reference to anywhere from Ohio to Colorado was coined back in the early development of the country when everything west of the eastern seaboard was considered the west because it was not inhabited by Europeans and they knew were little about it. The term just stuck and now Ohio is still considered the Midwest even though it is way east.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 3rd Dec, '13, 16:18

Then Virginia is the Deep South.....
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 4th Dec, '13, 06:12

Well Virginia is part of the South as they seceded from the Union during the Civil War but not the "deep" south that is reserved for Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana . Texas is the South but it kind of is the West also as El Paso, TX is closer to Los Angles then it is to Houston. Its really not that difficult Baloo (ha ha).
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.