Still The One

Not in Singapore ? Tell us what it's like where you are.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: moody

Re: Still The One

Post by avatarless » 30th Aug, '08, 06:38

Lichtgestalt wrote:
sluggo wrote:No Litchy what America doesn't need is 4 more years of Bush policies and that's what you get with McCain. I suspect that if Hillary Clinton had won the democratic nomination you would have said that she won because of her gender. The fact is Obama beat a very good candidate in Clinton which says a lot for his campaign.
There was certainly a percentage of the voters who just voted for her because she is a woman and similiarly there is a percentage of voters who just vote for Obama to have a first black president but I think it's significantly higher in his case simply because of all the hype which has been created around him.

there will obviously be a certain percentage that vote for mccain because of his skin color and gender. what's your point? that's just politics.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 30th Aug, '08, 11:03

sluggo wrote:It seems interesting to me that people think that 47 is young for someone to be president (even if it is younger than I am). John Kennedy was younger when he became president, as was Bill Clinton as was Teddy Roosevelt. All these men were considered to be good if not great presidents. Bobby Kennedy would also have been younger if had not been killed. He surly would have been better than Nixon
Age isn't really a factor for me, sluggo, it's more the fact that he's young AND doesn't have a lot of experience that I was pointing out with regard to why he might look unsure at times as Dancer noted.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 30th Aug, '08, 13:51

"young white chick w/no experience"

Exchange 'half black dude' for 'white chick' and you've got Obama. So...?

I'm looking forward to the debates, that's where this will all shake out.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt