• Advertisement
The Singapore Forum is closed

Much like our beloved Nigel, the sewing circle is no longer in action. The Singapore Forum will be kept up so the wealth of information collected over the years can still be found and used, but there won't be anything new.

Thanks to everyone that made The Singapore Forum, in all it's guises, a fun, informative and comfortable place to hang out while dodging work.

The Singapore Forum Mourners Society can be found on FaceBook. Just click on the icon below.

Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles

Not in Singapore ? Tell us what it's like where you are.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles

Postby skank-la » 6th Apr, '10, 06:49

Easter Sunday we were invited to several different events/functions.

But myself the DW & the Skankster begged out of all of them telling everyone we accepted a previous invitation elsewhere

We then decided to be totally sinful & eat some of the most delicious but definitely not healthy food imaginable. We took off for that Paragon of Black Culture ; Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles one of LA's most venerable food institutions.

It was Easter Sunday & LA's black community did not disappoint turning out dressed tothe nines in droves for some fried chicken & waffles, collard greens, red beans & rice, corn bread etc etc. For me growing up in the South Roscoe's is a little taste of home

http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

If you look around the website there's a clip where Snoop Dog takes David Beckham to Roscoe's to introduce him to the 'real LA' -funny stuff

Last edited by skank-la on 6th Apr, '10, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!
skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands

Mood: Indica

Advertisement

Return to Rest of the World