SALT

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

SALT

Post by Joseph27 » 12th Aug, '10, 20:13

Well wanted to kill a bit of time so took myself to see SALT - in hindsight it may have been more productive to go for a walk, read a book or jump off a bridge. The story lacked credibility, the characters lacked depth and despite the action sequences I was bored. The story is just silly and though it tries selling itself in the same style as the Bourne series, it couldnt come close to stacking up. Angelina is one fine looking lady but that doesnt discount the fact that the film is a waste of time, energy and any inevitable sequal will be avoided. [smilie=23_3.gif]

Oh I also saw Dispicable Me and that was great... very entertaining and the stupid little yellow creatures made me laugh lots. [smilie=groovy.gif]
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Re: SALT

Post by Beesknees » 12th Aug, '10, 21:45

Salt is not good for you.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 14th Aug, '10, 00:29

Hold on a sec, you loved Inception but you thought the story of Salt lacked credibility?

Must say, the two films were on par with each other. Neither were fantastic, both were watchable, both were worth the money, but won't be worth a second watch or a DVD purchase.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 14th Aug, '10, 12:39

Sorry FB but any comparison between the 2 is bizarre... Inception had a great story and concept driving it, SALT was dreary and cliched at best. Gotta be very mindful of future FB recommendations after that call.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 14th Aug, '10, 13:01

Is the title a name or acronym?

Mr.S wants to see this for the exact reason I won't - i.e. anything with AJ in it.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Joseph27
Going Postal

Post by Joseph27 » 14th Aug, '10, 15:15

Her name is Salt... And Angelina is one fine looking lady just to reiterate :P

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 15th Aug, '10, 11:11

Joseph27 wrote:Sorry FB but any comparison between the 2 is bizarre... Inception had a great story and concept driving it, SALT was dreary and cliched at best. Gotta be very mindful of future FB recommendations after that call.
The comparison is purely because they came out around the same time. So it's a comparison of two movies I've seen recently. Yes, the story lines are different, but really, they are action movies. One of them has an unbelievable story line, and so does the other. The ability of a movie to make you believe that unbelievable storyline is a mark of how good it is.

Did I come away from either movie thinking someone could manipulate my dreams or that Russian agents were deeply embedded in US society, even at the top levels? No in each case.

But I did come away having enjoyed the 90-120 mins I spent sitting in the chair watching, which is more than I could say about Tranformers 2 and one of a lot many more movies.

Most movies now cost me in the region of $150-200 to watch, mainly because I like a bottle of wine and Gold Class. I didn't begrudge paying that much for either movie. However, do I want to watch either movie again, buy their DVD? No.

Hence, they are of the same standard, and as they are both the same genre (action) then really, they can be compared.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 15th Aug, '10, 11:23

As I thought, so one cap.

And Mrs. S isn't getting her way, AJ's looks have no hold on me, and her acting could never be described as fine.
Joseph27 wrote:Her name is Salt... And Angelina is one fine looking lady just to reiterate :P
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 22nd Dec, '10, 12:46

watched Salt on one of the planes, enjoyed it for what it was. Wouldn't buy the DVD, but would wouldn't mind watching on proper TV screen.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg