Life on Mars - Finale (SPOLIER)

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Life on Mars - Finale (SPOLIER)

Post by daffodil » 3rd Apr, '08, 19:40

Well that was a good one!

Sam eventually woke up in the real (his) world...or did he?! It wasn't what he wanted and so chose to go back to 1973 where he felt really alive, orwas that just his vision of the afterlife? Hmmm, think there are a few ways of interpeting the final episode, and the fact that it left me wondering just makes the series all the better. I like not having it all wrapped up too neatly.

And yes, I do realise that the final episode has been out for some time but only just managed to catch it on the ABC! [smilie=mango.gif]
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Re: Life on Mars - Finale (SPOLIER)

Post by cromasaig » 3rd Apr, '08, 19:56

It was superb, wasn't it?

We've been feverishly downloading the new series, Ashes to Ashes. Not a patch on the first one, I'm afraid, but worth it for the occasional one-liner from the delicious Gene Hunt.

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 4th Apr, '08, 05:41

I think Life on Mars went on a bit long. It doesn't surprise me that the finale was a bit ambiguous, since they'll want to keep the possibility of another series open.

I think that the concept is a good one though. I think it should be a bit like Dr Who though. The next series should be someone different, going back to a different period.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 4th Apr, '08, 09:14

I do wonder what a spolier is

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 4th Apr, '08, 09:15

More spoly, of course.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 4th Apr, '08, 09:22

is it spolier than thou Burb?

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 4th Apr, '08, 11:14

I believe the spin-off series is getting mixed reviews. But will give it a go...eventually !
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 12th Apr, '08, 10:01

It went on too long? What, 2 series of 8 episodes each?

Though omniscient you are Burb, the next series IS someone different going back to a different time. Oh, it's already being aired, that just means you're behind the times!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 14th Apr, '08, 08:20

Fat Bob wrote:It went on too long? What, 2 series of 8 episodes each?

Though omniscient you are Burb, the next series IS someone different going back to a different time. Oh, it's already being aired, that just means you're behind the times!

I don't watch much TV.

For a single concept of being locked in a time lapse due to a coma, yes, 20 odd hours was a bit long. I watch a couple of episodes and got quite bored of that sub-plot. Even if they had done something even more contrived and just had him teleported back by aliens it would have been fine, then we could have just forgotten about how he got there. I mean, let's face it, he should have cleaned up on the Grand National and the pools. I don't think it added much to have this backflash stuff going on all the time. Imagine if Buck Rogers had kept getting telephone calls from the 20th century, it would have spoiled the whole thing. I also can't get John Simm out of my mind as the young headcase kid in one of the Cracker episodes.