Thor

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Thor

Post by Joseph27 » 1st May, '11, 11:50

Had a day off so decided to give Thor a go... It looked very lame however lots of reviews said it was great and rotten Tomatoes average rating is 95% - after watching it I don't see how it could earn such a high mark however it was fun to watch. The 3D effects were average though the overall experience was enjoyable and my 6 year old thought it was great fun, the 4 year old was happy to eat popcorn.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Re: Thor

Post by Sardonicus » 1st May, '11, 13:09

Yeah I felt the same way about it (haven't seen it) and was surprised about the RT rating, which I generally find pretty accurate. It made me think RT is slipping, I corroborate RT with Metacritic, they're usually pretty close to each other.

Another measure is Yahoo Singapore Movie or IS Magazine ratings - take those minus 2 stars and it's usually pretty close.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 1st May, '11, 17:12

It wasn't anything startling (but then I didn't expect it to be) but it was a good fun movie, above average compared to others of the genre. We saw it in 3D but it definitely wasn't worth the effort and 2D would have been just as good and cost less (do 3D cost more in Sing? They rip you off big time here to see them)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 1st May, '11, 21:10

Thor should have spent the entire movie topless.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 2nd May, '11, 08:27

I'm looking forward to it for the noisy numb mindless colour fest I want to go and see. And similar for the Fast and Furious 5 simply so I can absorb myself in Paul Walkers blue eyes and golden halo on a really big screen, and listen in happiness to Vin Diesal spilling cheesy lines in that voice of his, and wince at the crash and bang in full colour. Happiness and mindless, thankyou movie people, I don't need it to be intellectual, I have French films for that.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 2nd May, '11, 16:20

:lol: I flatly refused to go see it yesterday.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 2nd May, '11, 23:25

nev wrote:Thor should have spent the entire movie topless.
I can say that about quite a few movies that I watch....but only about the chicks.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 3rd May, '11, 08:32

Utter twaddle. Watched it in 3D with the glasses off as putting them on made the picture so dim that it was unwatchable. Can't they afford any lightbulbs in Asgard?
We are the TPF

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 3rd May, '11, 08:35

nev wrote:Thor should have spent the entire movie topless.
Hahaha! Such a Nev comment! :lol:
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.