Game of Thrones

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Game of Thrones

Post by Tas » 28th Sep, '11, 19:02

Just picked up first in series. Up to p131. Liking do far. Been while since picked up a likeable fantasy. Keep posted, but if you like that sort of thing, so far am glad grabbed it on weekend.
Haven't seen any of the TV series yet, so curious now to learn who they got to play the dwarf. But I'll avoid for while to enjoy the reading.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by baloo » 28th Sep, '11, 19:05

Not sure of the guys name but he plays it very well.

TV series is very good and I can't wait for Season 2 to start. I haven't read the books.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 28th Sep, '11, 20:18

For a minute there I thought this was about that new asphyxiation game making the rounds here....
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 28th Sep, '11, 20:29

Sardonicus wrote:For a minute there I thought this was about that new asphyxiation game making the rounds here....
Don't hold your breath...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 8th Sep, '12, 11:25

Reading the book now and half way through the second part of book 3, a Storm of Swords. Stayed up til 4am last night whilst reading as there was a really really good bit!
Spoiler: toggle
Watch out for the Red Wedding
Fantastic indeed.....will be reading more later if the games prove boring. Or my new Xbox 360 doesn't work!:D
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 8th Sep, '12, 13:14

I almost couldn't put the first volume down, and yes, that really good bit got me too, the author is prepared to take risks with main characters that so many authors afraid to do. Guess you might get now why I'm leaving/saving the TV series for a much later date, I can wait, there's so many characters and details that I dont' want that mucked up with someone elses take, even with high ratings. The last published volume had mixed reviews, understood where they were coming from but I found it ok because I'd had a massive break between volumes so was ok with repeated detail.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 8th Sep, '12, 17:52

Season 2 is fantastic and looking forward to season 3 especially seeing the cute little dragon lady... damn
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Sep, '12, 12:10

Not sure if season 3 will go as far as the spoiler, if it does that would be fantastic. The spoiler above is 2/3rds through the complete 3rd book, and that's a lot of book to get through.

However, a few things from the 3rd book have already happened at the end of season 2 (due to the problems of keeping chronology together in such a writing method) so it would be pretty good if they do.

Yeah, enjoying both books and TV series and the TV series is as close as it needs to be (with some slight changes that have no bearing on the outcome).
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 9th Sep, '12, 13:06

Have read all way to end vol 4 (or 5th book depending on view) have to check when next one published, sure it's a while away with the length of them!