Ashes to Ashes - 80's version of Life on Mars

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Ashes to Ashes - 80's version of Life on Mars

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Apr, '08, 14:42

Interesting indeed. In the opening episode (so hardly what you'd call a spoiler) DI Drake of the Met, a pschyobable police chick finishes off reviewing DCI/DI Sam Tyler's case where he "keeps on trying to get back to the 70's", and eventually manages to do so.

Minutes later, she's involved in a hostage situation, which ends up with her being shot. she gets transported to the 80's, Audi Quattro, Thatcher and some very dodgy hair styles. There, she meets DCI Gene Hunt, but she's twigged into this and thinks everything is just in her subconcious....and there the sotry goes.

Watched 2 epiodes so far, and it's entertaining. Got the other 6 to go through, and the weekend is nearly upon us. The actress playing Drake is Keeley Hawes, who was in Spooks before she was sent off to warmer climes for pushing someone to shoot someone else, or that's how the jury read it. The rest fo the cast are back, with several references to Sam tyler (who died "recently" in the 80's after he returned, when everyone thought he wouldn't).

I'll watch the rest, as interesting to find out what the twist will be, or if indeed there is one.

Oh, and found that UK Nova are letting people in, got some Question of Sport and Cameras inthe Jungle also to watch this weekend! Cool!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Re: Ashes to Ashes - 80's version of Life on Mars

Post by BFG » 17th Apr, '08, 19:26

What are you watching this on FB? Some Bittorrent site?
Life's too short...

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Apr, '08, 23:09

Auntie BT has sent it to me to watch.

Why, want to watch? PM if you do.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 18th Apr, '08, 08:43

I'm off to Blighty next week - so I'll pick it up there. Thanks.
Life's too short...