Les Miserables

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Les Miserables

Post by Joseph27 » 26th Dec, '12, 14:39

I feel a tad exhausted but alive at the end of this beautiful journey. The songs are well known and the story laid out before I entered the cinema but alas I still sat in awe as the beautiful priest gave him the silver, I barely escaped weeping as "I dreamed a dream" was sung forth from the very depths of misery and despair. This is a great film - there is some criticism but I loved it.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Re: Les Miserables

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 27th Dec, '12, 08:24

I want to see that, but mainly because my mate from school was the choreographer.

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 30th Dec, '12, 15:08

Fantastic. Anne Hathaway FTW!

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Post by Duck » 30th Dec, '12, 15:18

Looking forward to seeing this... Star studded cast too... Mmmm... Hugh Jackman
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 31st Dec, '12, 08:26

Wolverine and Gladiator in a singing movie? Something wrong there.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 31st Dec, '12, 14:10

At least Wolverine can sing...not too sure about Gladiator...and what about Bellatrix (or Mrs Lovett if you prefer) never mind Catwoman in the mix.

Your comment reminded me of this...
Attachments
557132_578825912146866_1388468067_n.jpg
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 1st Jan, '13, 17:44

Yeah the only real criticism I had was an annoying kid with cockney accent - can't quite understand what he's doing in 1800's france and Russell Crow. He certainly brought the menace to the role however his voice isn't in the league of the others
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Post by Duck » 4th Jan, '13, 21:08

Joseph27 wrote:Yeah the only real criticism I had was an annoying kid with cockney accent - can't quite understand what he's doing in 1800's france and Russell Crow. He certainly brought the menace to the role however his voice isn't in the league of the others
Ooh I have to disagree...I thought Russell Crow's singing was definitely on par with Hugh Jackman's... The ladies of course had stellar voices. Agreed on the cockney lad, but hey, hearing him made me feel at home as I watched it, so won't complain. All in all, a very powerful film which drags you through an array of emotions...
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~