Howl at the Moon?

Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs of Singapore

Moderator: Fuzz

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Howl at the Moon?

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 19th Nov, '10, 13:24

Does anybody know whatever happened to this place?
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

T2K
Going Postal

Re: Howl at the Moon?

Post by T2K » 19th Nov, '10, 13:50

Other than the fact that it closed? No. My guess is that the rent there is really high plus they have performers that they had to pay, and that just having a rocking Fri/Sat night venue (which they seemed to have) wasn't enough to cover the costs.

Bring back Papa Joe's!
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 19th Nov, '10, 13:53

The Hollandse Club still do a monthly Comedy night with touring comedians. No Dutch comedians though, but they are as funny as German comedians.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 19th Nov, '10, 15:54

:lol: Thanks, that's what i figured. Hard to sustain a place like that in Singapore.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Bender
I post here professionally

Post by Bender » 20th Nov, '10, 07:23

Perhaps the void left in your life by the absence of Howl at the Moon could be filled by a "The Mountain Three Wolf Moon" t-shirt? It sounds like an awesome product - have a look at the Amazon feedback.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 20th Nov, '10, 07:53

It was an entertaining place. In the way that having a bucket of ice cubes poured down your trousers is entertaining
We are the TPF

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 20th Nov, '10, 11:05

Went twice - once for the dueling pianos thing, which was ok for a short while, another for a supposedly famous but in reality lame hypnotist, who was not really convincing but some still found it amusing. I was late for the door.

But the concept was a good one, and I suppose it worked on some nights and I just hit off ones.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 20th Nov, '10, 11:19

Bender wrote:Perhaps the void left in your life by the absence of Howl at the Moon could be filled by a "The Mountain Three Wolf Moon" t-shirt? It sounds like an awesome product - have a look at the Amazon feedback.
From Amazon Feedback:

"The effect that this t-shirt has on women is pretty impressive. Unfortunately its natural healing powers reversed my vasectomy and I impregnated nine women in two weeks before I realized. They all had twin boys. Now I have 18 sons and spend most of my money on child support and condoms."

and the reviews just get better! Amazing tee [smilie=rotflmao.gif]