Muthu's Curry 313 Sommerset

Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs of Singapore

Moderator: Fuzz

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Muthu's Curry 313 Sommerset

Post by Joseph27 » 8th Dec, '10, 11:01

Had the misfortune of eating there last friday, it was a mistake because one should not go into a restaurant so big with so few people eating there. Instict tells you that their food wont be fresh, and 4 days of being sick is a testament to that. I only had a tiny bit of their chicken but it was unfortunately enough to wipe me out. The taste was okay but the freshness wasnt. I can just picture their chef rinsing rotten chicken in vinager to disguise the stench - friggen pricks. :evil:
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Muthu's Curry 313 Sommerset

Post by baloo » 8th Dec, '10, 11:10

What are you doing eating at an Indian restaurant ?
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 8th Dec, '10, 21:54

DAMN IT - I knew you would catch on... i tried to be good... I only ate the chicken, no rice, no bread... no alcohol... probably what made me sick
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 8th Dec, '10, 23:20

I used to like the Muthu on Racecourse, maybe because it was cleaner than its neighbors, maybe because the butter chicken is spicier then most, but eventually stopped going there a few years ago. Had been to the one in Suntec for lunch a few times but it just didn't taste that great. Plus you come out smelling like curry.

Nowadays I go to Go India in Vivo for their buffet, a good mix of veg and non-veg.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 9th Dec, '10, 04:25

Aha, I wondered about baloo's comment. Get it now :)

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 9th Dec, '10, 16:46

I really miss Raj in Little India, and Tandoori Corner on Balestier Road. The chef there used to work at Shahi Maharani. They do a proper Vindaloo there - really lovely and not the 'I want to prove how much testosterone I have by eating this' version you normally get (at least in the UK).

God I miss Singapore's Indian and Japanese restaurants.

Tetsuya! Aoki! :cry:

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 14th Dec, '10, 23:07

I've rarely enjoyed a curry in Little India, aside from the various groups of people I'm with.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 15th Dec, '10, 02:43

I do find great Indian food in little india - just not the touristy ones like banana leaf, muthu's etc. I also find that most brits prefer north indian food as when I was living in the uK it was mainly north indian food and I didn't think it up to my taste. Little india is mainly south indian food. Much prefer south indian to north indian food because I grew up with south indian food.

our favourite indian restaurant in little india is rubbish now... I find the indians tend to cut corners and with the new rules that they cannot employ Indians (or limited no of them) for the F&B industry, it is mainly non-indians cooking - will never be the same.

In abu dhabi, the chinese food is horrible. Indians cooking them... bought it once, never again!!!!!! Mr Sate can cook better noodles than them... and he is brit, which means his noodles are pretty bland.......