Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs of Singapore

Moderator: Fuzz

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Cathay's Platinum Suites

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Aug, '11, 11:34

Hi all,

I went to the Platinum Suites last night at Cathay and thought I'd tell you about it. In other words, they have problems!

Issue number 1: I originally bought Harry Potter tickets but they were cancelled 2-3 days later, which was a bit of a bugger. I managed to get a refund and they offered me a complimentary pair of tickets and $25 dining voucher. OK, the issue was there but the after-issue customer care worked here, so in the end felt peeved but placated.

Issue number 2: In trying to use the vouchers, I could not phone/email/online book seats, I could only "go to the Cathay" to do so. As I don't live next door, this was rather inconvienient. Eventually, after several phone calls and emails, they did confirm my booking, but overall a complete hassle. I would say I'm not placated tehre!

Issue number 3: Issueing the tickets at the door was a complete hassle. It took 5+ mins to do so with the voucher, I'm not sure if it was the computer problem or something else, but overall, took far too long for what is a premium service.

Issue number 4: The ability to the wait-staff to listen. I ordered a beer as I arrived, my guest arrived and we ordered 2 more beers: only one more came. We mentioned this... we mentioned again. Eventually it came. I ordered a bottle of pinot noir to be served int he cinema: a bottle of white arrives: I send back saying "that's white, I ordered red pinot noir". They return with a bottle of pinot gris, which I didn't read correctly before opening (hey it's dark in there). That got sent back and then the pinot noir comes out.

Issue number 5: Serving sizes: I ordered nachos, with salsa and cheese: a plate of 8 nachos (yes, I counted them) came out with a dollop of average salsa and some cold liquid cheese came out. Taste was OK, but serving size was awfully small. they also did 8 squid rings, and the popcorn was rather small (a medium size McDonald's cup).

Overall, pretty unimpressed considering teh number of times of been to GV's Gold Class and enjoyed the experience. I will be informing Cathay about this but really, for a premium service that costs more than Gold Class it falls way short.

Positives: prices for wine wasn't excessive: $55 for the NZ Pinot Noir (I forget the label) and tasted a slight effervescence which was pleasant. They get a tick for that!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Re: Cathay's Platinum Suites

Post by Addadude » 18th Aug, '11, 18:31

Fat Bob wrote:Positives: prices for wine wasn't excessive: $55 for the NZ Pinot Noir (I forget the label) and tasted a slight effervescence which was pleasant. They get a tick for that!
That 'slight effervescence' probably came from the waiter pissing into the bottle.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."