Tyres!

From the best fridge to the best handyman.

Moderator: Fuzz

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Tyres!

Post by Aliya » 22nd Mar, '08, 19:30

OK Tack and BFG's man, Mr Tan at Hurry Tyre and Battery was fab.

Four new tyres for the Honda Jazz were $115 each, fitted and stuff. Quite reasonable I thought. He blanced a bit at my old tyres and said there was no way they could be saved. I notice my new tyres have grooves in them, are not flat like my old ones :D

So very impressed and recommended. Now for the rest of my story.

He said come back in 30 mins. OK I said, heading towards DI Paolo as further recommended by BFG. Gosh I thought, Serene Centre certainly has come up hasn't it...

Oh! A dear little candle/chandelier/dinner table shop "Inside Living by Ziegler". Lovely candles, beautiful table settings, divine cushions. $127 later out I totter. Oh! A Dr Hauskcha's skin care shop, just what Azzam recommended. Amy was lovely as the skin care consultant and $156 later I totter out but convinced my skin could be saved. To my relief I saw the Di Paolo sign on the horizon. Oh! A dear little Cold Storage! Well, living where i live, i never go past a CS. Out I totter $90.56 later. I did did need those things. Really.

By accident I found myself inside Di Paolo's - a lovely vege pizza and a latte and a New Idea later - a tiny $14.30 - I felt quite rested and able to pick up the car. Oh, said Mr Tan, we dont accept AMEX. So a $460 depleted NETS account later I finally leave, broke but feeling safe at last.

So a $470 trip turned into $843 but you should see my new candles and cushions :D

At the Farrer Road end of Serene Centre, 511 Bukit Timah Road. You cant miss all the tyres and cars outside.

MISS the expensive but divine girly shops inbetween Mr Tan and Di Paolo's.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Re: Tyres!

Post by BFG » 23rd Mar, '08, 10:38

I take it that the chocolate shop and the wine merchants were closed....
Life's too short...

TheD

Post by TheD » 23rd Mar, '08, 11:02

The ice cream man?

Aliya
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 23rd Mar, '08, 12:26

I can't drink or eat chocolate at the moment, thank dog. No ice cream man, cant eat that either :D Otherwise I shudder to think how much my tyres would have cost...
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"