Furniture - where to get from?

Practical stuff about living in Singapore - you ask, we'll try to answer! Trades, sales, wants, desires - but no commercial ads, please!

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Re: Furniture - where to get from?

Post by Tas » 28th Mar, '12, 12:41

the folk I know with kids and marble or glass coffee tables all have been living with bubble wrapped furniture edges for about 3 yrs now :D

my only comment on the table is the rotating thing would drive me bonkers because I would know there are crumbs under it and would get annoyed having to lift it up evertime i wiped it. and if I couldn't lift up would go double bonkers knowing there was crud collecting. such a helper hahahaha
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 28th Mar, '12, 12:50

Good point - the ants would love it.

SunshineAfterRain
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: She is the whole world to me

Furniture - where to get from?

Post by SunshineAfterRain » 28th Mar, '12, 13:33

Kook, the 2 lines on the pedestal is stainless steel but the base/leg itself is wood painted in high-gloss paint.

We can actually keep away the centre piece as it's dettachable.

I prefer another marble round table but the size is slightly bigger than this one so between the two this seems to be the only choice.
Attachments
diningtable.jpg
Every flower that ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there!

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 28th Mar, '12, 13:56

Well I say if you like it, go for it. Keep the Lazy Susan centrepiece for family meals as they're definitely handy when you're sharing dishes.

Choose your chairs carefully - those that look good aren't always the most comfortable. Ours are too small, my knees hang off the edge and I can only bear so long on them before my legs hurt.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 28th Mar, '12, 15:49

Yep, go for it if you like it, you are the one living with it, and if it is what you want, then what are you waiting for? I have been looking for a round table too, couple of years ago there were none, but they are creeping back in again...you may be a trendsetter!

Oh, and it doesn't matter what you get with kids around, they will always find some way of hurting themselves on it...what you want is something that doesn't get do much damage or get damaged much when they do. ;)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 30th Mar, '12, 04:54

Bob have you looked at the Ex Pat auctions there is some lovely stuff going this week.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Mar, '12, 07:58

Thanks Aliya, though I guess different people have different views on what is lovely!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 3rd Apr, '12, 15:38

BLOODLY DOG!!!! She ripped the seat cushions of 2 of my dining chairs during the big storm the other night. Will need to try Fabrio furnishings…. [smilie=rollingpin.gif] [smilie=rollingpin.gif]
FB, prices ok?
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 3rd Apr, '12, 23:19

On the sofa above, cost $1100 for two 6" foams and redo the webbing, plus pick and delivery.

In comparison to new sofa, good price indeed.

No idea on new seat cushion fabric. Give him a shot.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

lifespace
Spammer
Mood: good

Post by lifespace » 14th Jan, '13, 15:29

Just a bump for this topic, and just in case some of you still looking for furniture. You can check *censored* for some good stuff such sofa and outdoor furniture.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 14th Jan, '13, 15:40

lifespace wrote:Just a bump for this topic, and just in case some of you still looking for furniture. You can check *censored* for some good stuff such sofa and outdoor furniture.
If it was that good you'd think people would buy enough of it so you could afford to pay for advertising instead of spamming forums.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Post by Duck » 7th Sep, '13, 14:06

Reading through EL and saw an article for an outdoor furniture concept store chain here in Singapore...
http://www.BoulevardOutdoorFurniture.com
They have two locations...Ubi Techpark and Turf Club Road, whilst I've never visited either, the products in the advertisement looked good and well priced...

Again, I have never been there, was just adding to this thread for others who may be looking for outdoor furniture in the future and I would have forgotten about it by then...
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~