Where to find a good cleaner?

Practical stuff about living in Singapore - you ask, we'll try to answer! Trades, sales, wants, desires - but no commercial ads, please!

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Shaxiaoyu
Limp Member
Mood: ok

Where to find a good cleaner?

Post by Shaxiaoyu » 5th Apr, '13, 18:07

We need a cleaner to come do regular cleaning of our apartment but haven't the foggiest what we should be paying for it or where to start looking.

Can anyone point us in the right direction and give some advice on costs and things to look out for?

Your feedback is really appreciated!!

Thanks!

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Where to find a good cleaner?

Post by slinky » 7th Apr, '13, 13:59

If you just want a part time cleaner then you are best going through an agency. Hiring someone else's maid on their off day is illegal even though seemingly a lot of people do this. Used to be that most of the agencies would allow you to change to a new cleaner if you were not happy with one they sent - as I recall there is some sort of trial period. I'm really not sure what a part time cleaner should cost - there is likely a minimum number of hours you'll have to pay and if they stay longer that will add to the cost. I'd suggest just calling a few agencies to get an idea of what they offer and charge.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 8th Apr, '13, 00:00

Part-time cleaner: get one via word-of-mouth. That's where I've got mine, and all been good.

I tried a cleaning agency (rather than a part-time maid agency) and they were expensive and not very good.

If you want full time, then you may get lucky through word of mouth of a maid where their family is leaving. However, agency is the next option.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 8th Apr, '13, 20:34

We tried to employer a cleaner for once a week and paid agency fee plus one month cleaning fee onlhy to have the cleaner not showing up on week two. We had it with these cleaners so would do the cleaning on our own.

But as FB recommended, it is best to get one via word of mouth, maybe through colleagues. My previous cleaner was via word of mouth and she was excellent at cleaning, on time and has become a friend. Unfortunately she is now under full time employment.

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 9th Apr, '13, 00:54

We used Amahs on Wheels when we lived in Singapore. We used them for 3 and a half years and had the same woman the whole time. She came for about 4 hours once a week. They were very reliable and we were very happy with their service. I can't remember how much they cost.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

restlessfeet
Lurker
Mood: happy

Post by restlessfeet » 16th Jul, '13, 20:33

sluggo wrote:We used Amahs on Wheels when we lived in Singapore. We used them for 3 and a half years and had the same woman the whole time. She came for about 4 hours once a week. They were very reliable and we were very happy with their service. I can't remember how much they cost.
A friend of mine use their services about 2 years ago; approximately 4 hours weekly and 4 times a month, which cost her $280 a month. Your experience with their service, like all other cleaning or maid service, will depend on the maid assigned to you.