Monthly utilities in 1b condo

Practical stuff about living in Singapore - you ask, we'll try to answer! Trades, sales, wants, desires - but no commercial ads, please!

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

NYCbaby
Lurker
Mood: Excited

Monthly utilities in 1b condo

Post by NYCbaby » 25th Aug, '13, 11:46

Wondering how much utilities cost monthly on estimate for I person in a I bedroom condo? Appreciate any comments. Thx!

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Re: Monthly utilities in 1b condo

Post by Tas » 25th Aug, '13, 17:04

Easiest way to calc is look at utilities in your existing place usage, then apply local rates $/kWh, $/kL water. Most places in Singapore purchase bottled gas for cooking, don't run off a utility line. The harder aspect is climate. Higher electricity if using a lot of aircon. If coming from colder winter climate then power charges for heating will be comparative in power consumption.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 25th Aug, '13, 19:38

I live in 2-bed apartment on my own. I rarely use the 2nd bedroom. I use aircon for 8 hours/night, the TV for up to 8 hours a night, have a low power desktop running 24/7 with the internet and all the routers etc for that. 2-3 showers a day, I'll let you guess how many times I use the toilet.

My utilities are between $150-200/month, which includes water and electricity. And once in a blue moon I buy some bottled gas.

Things that change your bill:
- how efficient your air con is (in one apartment I went from a 10-year old in-window unit to a new low energy split unit, saved $50/month)
- how new your TV is (when I upgraded from a 5-tear old 42" plasma to a new 46" plasma I save $40/month)

You can probably make other significant savings on other appliances, but until you're in a place, you won't actually know.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 26th Aug, '13, 12:26

Just a rough guess, S$200/mth.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

SunshineAfterRain
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: She is the whole world to me

Post by SunshineAfterRain » 28th Aug, '13, 10:57

We moved into our flat almost 3 months now. average SP bills is between $200-250.

Most of our electrical appliances are new and we installed LED and energy-saving bulbs/lights and 2 water storage tanks and we use SP gas instead of gas cylinder. Not sure if all these helps in saving a few bucks every month?!

Our household consists of 1 toddler and 3 adults.
Every flower that ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there!

MackBrown
Lurker
Mood: serious

Post by MackBrown » 23rd Sep, '13, 14:26

SunshineAfterRain wrote:We moved into our flat almost 3 months now. average SP bills is between $200-250.

Most of our electrical appliances are new and we installed LED and energy-saving bulbs/lights and 2 water storage tanks and we use SP gas instead of gas cylinder. Not sure if all these helps in saving a few bucks every month?!

Our household consists of 1 toddler and 3 adults.
Yes it does help in saving energy.. Even I have got similar lights and it has reduced my electricity bills