Cards

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Cards

Post by Sardonicus » 25th May, '12, 08:57

Any suggestions for shops in Singapore selling greeting cards of the non-Singapore kind? You know the kind, which make you wince at the idea of paying $12 for something filled with antiquated melodramatic prose.

I always struggle to find cards for Mrs. Sardy, I often end up at that place in Raffles City that sells blank cards, but now she's gone and done that for me so I have to find a different place.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Re: Cards

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 25th May, '12, 11:13

There's a place on the top floor of Tanglin Mall, I think it's called Mango? They sell a few books, but mostly stationery. I've always liked their card collection, it's not huge but well selected, I think.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 25th May, '12, 18:25

Lili Von Shtupp wrote:There's a place on the top floor of Tanglin Mall, I think it's called Mango? They sell a few books, but mostly stationery. I've always liked their card collection, it's not huge but well selected, I think.
Second that nomination

Monkey Hanger
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Dizzy

Post by Monkey Hanger » 25th May, '12, 19:01

Have you tried any of the net based outfits like moonpig.com? They do some great personalised cards.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 26th May, '12, 17:22

Thanks all, will stop by Tanglin. Moonpig looks good for when I don't wait until the last minute, like this time.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 26th May, '12, 18:50

There is also a big card shop at centre point, might be worth checking

elev_1
Lurker
Mood: awesome

Post by elev_1 » 30th Sep, '13, 13:44

I love to play cards!!