Where there is a problem there is a solution

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Where there is a problem there is a solution

Post by Kooky » 26th Nov, '12, 03:57

What do you do when you want to nip in the bookies to put a bet on the 2.30 at Wincanton but you've got an under-18 with you? Why, you just feed their reins under the door and hang onto them while you leave the baby outside - sorted. Mother of the Year material.

http://video.news.com.au/2308993485/Poor-parenting

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Where there is a problem there is a solution

Post by Fat Bob » 26th Nov, '12, 07:45

Yeah, cos everything is so clear from that video!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 26th Nov, '12, 08:59

Ha ha...how on earth could anyone tell what that was supposed to be from that video? Sheesh. Are you not allowed to take young children in with you? I would never even think about that being a law. oops.

I saw something strange like this the other day. I was walking to a spot where I was waiting for a friend when I noticed this pram with two kids in it, one only about 6months old the other just over a year old. They were both just looking around and quite happy. The pram was "parked" next to a seat in a shopping centre. You know one of those ones in the middle with rows of shops down either side. There was no adult to be seen anywhere near them, there was no one browsing in any of the shops nearby either (it was early in the day and pretty quiet) I was there waiting for at least five minutes and no one came near them, a few people like me walked by and looked at them but nothing else. My friend arrived and we left before anyone came so I don't know how long they were there. Is it just me or do others think this was quite weird too?

Edited my typos...oops
Last edited by Pinklepurr on 26th Nov, '12, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 26th Nov, '12, 10:28

Under 18s are not allowed in Licensed Betting Offices, certainly not in the UK. I worked in the head office of a betting org for years and I can tell you they're not nice places to be. (In fact, I wonder if you can still smoke in them? Bloody awful, stinky, unhealthy places they used to be, but they resisted banning smoking because they thought the punters would stay away.)

My ex-husband used to be an LBO Manager in inner city Leeds - he and his pregnant assistant got held up once. Gave them what they wanted - not least because he knew the bullet-proof bandit screens were far from it.

Yes that does sound weird, PP. Not sure I could have left without finding their carer.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 26th Nov, '12, 14:32

I know what you mean, I hate those places. Mr PP occasionally bets on the horses and I have occasionally waited outside for him, smoking is now banned in the ones here that's for sure, just as well, it used to be a solid wall of smoke in there. I just don't know if it is actually illegal to take an young child in with you here.

As for the kids in the pram, I have to admit to feeling weird and uneasy about leaving them there, but I didn't have a lot of options at the time. The kids looked quite happy to be where they were if you know what I mean. They certainly weren't anxious about being away from their carer, which is the other reason it was weird, almost like they were used to it happening. I almost expected it to be a hidden camera situation.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous