Babysitter

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Babysitter

Post by nev » 4th Feb, '13, 13:42

Friends of mine will be visiting Singapore for two nights (20-22 Feb) with their 1-year-old daughter. Does anyone know a reliable babysitter who will be willing to babysit for the evening, while the parents go out for dinner? They will be staying at Traders Hotel.

Thanks in advance!

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Babysitter

Post by slinky » 4th Feb, '13, 18:56

Finding babysitters here is a challenge given most people have maids who babysit for them. The hotel website says they have childcare services available. Maybe call someone there to find out more about it?

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 5th Feb, '13, 09:44

Thanks slinky, I've told my friend about the hotel's childcare services, she's going to check it out.

Another friend told me that there are actually many babysitters in Singapore but they don't travel; they run some sort of home-based childcare centre (is that legal?).

I feel so out of place in this sub-forum :?

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 5th Feb, '13, 10:50

nev wrote:Another friend told me that there are actually many babysitters in Singapore but they don't travel; they run some sort of home-based childcare centre (is that legal?).
I've not heard of this - but I wouldn't really have reason to, honestly. Doesn't sound all that legal, but I don't know. My guess would be your friends would rather have their daughter stay in the hotel with a babysitter there rather than take her somewhere - especially if it's for an evening out. If these home-based services aren't legal, there is no accountability. At least if the hotel provides childcare, there should be some sense of proper procedure and accountability.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 5th Feb, '13, 14:34

Just PMd you.

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 5th Feb, '13, 14:45

Thanks Scrummy!

My friend said she'd "prefer someone who is trusted rather over a hotel person" but slinky has a point with procedure and accountability. I'm so glad I don't have to think about these things [smilie=yahoo.gif]

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 8th Mar, '13, 16:31

copy/paste spamming?