A child needs help

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Forumuse
Lurker
Mood: Normal

A child needs help

Post by Forumuse » 5th Jul, '13, 11:20

A child with a very low esteem and this child is showing no interests in learning anything, the attitude is like, "I have no future", "I am hopeless". How to guide this child along OR improve the attitude? [smilie=23_3.gif]

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: A child needs help

Post by baloo » 5th Jul, '13, 11:33

Put them up or adoption
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Post by Duck » 5th Jul, '13, 12:32

Speak to their class teacher... Teachers work with these children day in day out and can be a really useful source. Maybe this child is different at school, get a holistic picture, do they lack self esteem at home, at school, amongst other children, alone...etc...? You may even discover a trigger, which can be dealt with.

This can help you decide what to do to start them on their journey to raise their self esteem...again teachers are a great source when it comes to raising self esteem...
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 5th Jul, '13, 13:34

That, or put them up for adoption........
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Forumuse
Lurker
Mood: Normal

Post by Forumuse » 5th Jul, '13, 16:05

Duck wrote:Speak to their class teacher... Teachers work with these children day in day out and can be a really useful source. Maybe this child is different at school, get a holistic picture, do they lack self esteem at home, at school, amongst other children, alone...etc...? You may even discover a trigger, which can be dealt with.

This can help you decide what to do to start them on their journey to raise their self esteem...again teachers are a great source when it comes to raising self esteem...
Yes, this child lack of self esteem at home, per school teachers, even at school, amongst other children - yes too. However, school teachers are not able to render more helps on this due to their busy schedule.. I hope to help this child out but I have no clue at all. [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 5th Jul, '13, 16:33

How old is the kid?

Surely the first thing would be to ask them why they feel the way they do? They say "I'm hopeless", you say "Why do you think that you're hopeless?" There's obviously some event (or multiple) that triggered this behavior. Dig deeper!

I think kids these days are pretty much all messed up. Too much time spent playing video games and getting messed up by social media. I would hate to be a parent in this generation (actually at all).

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 5th Jul, '13, 18:01

I am with baloo, Get the kid new parents.....

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 5th Jul, '13, 18:09

Jedi wrote: I think kids these days are pretty much all messed up.
My kids don't appear to be messed up.

But I'm working on it.

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 5th Jul, '13, 20:25

Adoption sounds awfully complicated. How about just selling him/her for medical experiments?
We are the TPF

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 5th Jul, '13, 21:41

Children get their attitudes, perspectives and sense of self-esteem from the way their parents behave and how they treat the child. I recommend parenting classes.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 6th Jul, '13, 15:41

cromasaig wrote:My kids don't appear to be messed up.

But I'm working on it.
How old are they?

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 6th Jul, '13, 22:38

Just sometimes they do need real help...and that help needs to be professional. It is not always the parents fault. It can be signs of early depression.

On the other hand...it can just be a kid who feels pressured to do more than he/she can cope with.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous