Children's Day weekend programme

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

FrogFarmer
Lurker
Mood: sleepy

Children's Day weekend programme

Post by FrogFarmer » 4th Oct, '13, 15:27

Jurong Frog Farm (JFF) is offering complimentary programmes for children during the Children's Day weekend. Visiting children (12 years old and below) will be welcomed by JFF's in-house guide who will share a brief history of the farm and give an overview to the place.

The children can participate in ‘Hands-on-Frogs’ session, during which they can hold the frogs and learn more about these amphibians. They can then pose for photographs against a hand-painted photo-wall with a full grown American bullfrog on their head (or anywhere on their bodies).

The adventurous ones can test their agility in the “Catch the Frog” Pen. At just $6 for 30 mins of fun, gumboots, net and a tank will be provided for these aspiring Herpetologists.

Dates: 5th and 6th October
Timings (on both days) :
>> 10:00am to 10:30am;
>> 1:00pm to 1:30pm

There will also be free Royal Hashima Dessert (雪蛤) sampling for all adult visitors (not recommended for very young children).

More info at http://www.jurongfrogfarm.com.sg/

Or call 6791-7229.

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Re: Children's Day weekend programme

Post by Duck » 4th Oct, '13, 20:32

Had never heard of this place before ...& now I hear of it twice in as many days...
Yesterday I read on the menu at Pidgin (a restaurant at Dempsey) that the frogs in their dishes were farmed at JFF and now I read about a family fun day to be had there... How bizarre...
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~