JoeySafe

Got something you're trying to sell or giveaway ? This is the place to post it.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

JoeySafe

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 19th Jan, '12, 10:09

Before she left Singapore, our very own cromasaig was so kind as to give me one of her JoeySafe toddler safety belt harnesses. Wolfie had just grown out of his Sit n Stroll portable car seat, so we used and loved the JoeySafe. Now, he's grown into using an inflatable booster seat, so we don't need the JoeySafe anymore.

Since I got it for free, I will give it for free to someone who can really use it.

Rules and regulations:

1) It does not come with a bag.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: JoeySafe

Post by baloo » 19th Jan, '12, 12:27

Can it hold 3 cats (1 x 9yo and 2 x 2mth old) in place ?
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 19th Jan, '12, 13:50

I hate to tell you, Baloo, but it sounds to me like you need a straitjacket, not a JoeySafe.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 19th Jan, '12, 22:22

I tried googling joeysafe but only one image appeared but could find their main website. How does it attach to a car seatbelt?

How old (weight,height) is it suitable for? I've got 2 carseats now in a nissan sunny and it is very cramped in the middle. was thinking if i could use the joeysafe instead of booster seat it wouldnt be so cramped in the middle.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 20th Jan, '12, 09:33

Sate, I did a lot of research on JoeySafe a few years back and IIRC, the company went out of business and I think it was over patenting and licensing issues. The actual harness itself has a padded chest piece and a padded back piece and they are connected with a series of straps - two over the shoulders, one under the crotch and then one that circles the waist. The car seat belt attaches to the back padding/crotch strap via a loop. It's complicated at first, but after a while you get the hang of it.

IMHO if you have your own car, the best possible child safety restraint is an approved, full-sized car seat until the child graduates into an approved, full-sized booster seat. If given the choice I would choose this, since it is safest. But since I'm in taxis, I can't lug these things around. I must make do with the most reasonable substitute. Basically what I'm saying is that your child will be safer in a car seat/booster than he will be in the JoeySafe. You're lucky you have the choice!

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 20th Jan, '12, 09:42

Not in Singapore though. There is a special chemical in the air that allows kids to move about the cabin of a moving car with no restraint whatsoever without any risk of injury in the event of a car accident.

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 20th Jan, '12, 22:29

thanks lvs. The picture made it look quite substantial. Too bad for my helper then, she'll have to be continued to be squashed bt the two of them for time yet!

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 6th Feb, '12, 10:23

Maybe you could give your helper a turn in the front seat?
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

dj larson
Lurker
Mood: happy

Post by dj larson » 6th Dec, '12, 19:57

Hi,

Is the Joeysafe still available? I have a 10 month old baby & badly need it for taxi rides.

Thanks!

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 7th Dec, '12, 08:36

Hi! For a 10 month old the JoeySafe is not sufficient. I don't think I started to use it until my kid was approaching 3 years, maybe even 4?

I used a Sit n Stroll for as long as he'd fit in it, because it was a fully safety approved, front-facing car seat that converted into a stroller. It was ugly but brilliant, I still have it and lend it to a few close friends when they need it (otherwise I'd sell it). I bought mine for about $200-300 from a local online distributor called BabyTown, they can deliver to your home.

On their site they also have a couple of other options for stroller travel systems, like COMBI, that have car seats that snap into a stroller frame. These cost more than Sit n Stroll but are a bit more glam.

For a 10 month old I really think these are the best choices.

Good luck!

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 7th Dec, '12, 08:38

Good advice, but you should have given it after you made the sale.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 7th Dec, '12, 09:07

Actually, I just didn't want to have to dig it out of the bottom of my closet.