Gillard's Dental fix in Australia

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Gillard's Dental fix in Australia

Post by Joseph27 » 29th Aug, '12, 10:15

This will be a very popular move - and what's more it is the right thing to do. A bad tooth and no money makes for a sorry state of affairs. With her moves up in the polls, with most states now run by Coalition governments and doing a god awful job, Gillard needs another few more positive polls and the momentum will shift. This actually is starting to remind me of 1993 - Abbott is thinking that the job is his a year out from an election... Lots can happen but I don't believe Tony Abbott will become the next PM of Australia

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politi ... 24zo4.html
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

kittykat
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: In a state of flux

Re: Gillard's Dental fix in Australia

Post by kittykat » 31st Aug, '12, 15:07

This is a Greens agenda item. While I'm fully supportive of equity and provision of health services to those in need let's think this through. I would like to know where the funding is coming from for this scheme. Also, who's eligible for this? How does this fit in with free dental care provided to all children currently. My son has been going to a dental clinic through the state education system since Prep. We have private insurance because we will get taxed ridiculously for not having insurance. So he goes to a private dentist as well.

Re Abbott - agree. I'm in Queensland and LNP have taken a massive nosedive in popularity. They are not the great saviour Queenslanders hoped. Best gift Julia was given was Campbell Newman and his cutting anything that moves that hasn't been privatised.

I think LNP will get in - not with a massive majority (thank heavens) but it's time for a change. I'm not convinced this dental scheme will work - all I want to know - if the Treasurer is hell bent on getting us back into surplus - where's the $4billion coming from? Let's not forget that the resources boom won't be booming for long.
Because you're worth it...

sluggo
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 31st Aug, '12, 23:35

Welcome back Kittykat. Hope all is well with you.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 1st Sep, '12, 15:02

In terms of funding - agree fully. Gillard is far from my favorite politician, she is an opportunistic disingenuous character - or better known in most circles I guess as a politician. Really don't like Abbott and can't see a way back for Turnbull.... I know my next vote will probably go back to the sex party as it did last election.... I figured whatever they all say - at least the sex party is up front about fucking you
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

kittykat
Mood: In a state of flux

Post by kittykat » 1st Sep, '12, 16:11

Hey Sluggo! Snuck back quietly - actually up early one morning and popped in to see who was here and my word - nobody has left!

Joseph - agree - I voted LNP in the Queensland election and am now kicking myself (as well as wearing the wrath of every fellow public servant). Man - what a bunch of power-frenzied "shoot to kill" pollies we received. I have given up an- I hate the Greens more than the LNP or ALP so I have no last bastion of hope. I don't want to throw my vote away (not that it makes any difference at the end of the day) but maybe the Sex Party could be a go'er. Problem is - Pauline Hanson got in on a "no one else to vote for. Let's give her a go" ticket. "What damage could a small time Ipswich independent do?". Gahhhhh.....
Because you're worth it...