Alan Jones

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Alan Jones

Post by daffodil » 30th Sep, '12, 21:17

Can this contemptible man stoop much lower?

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/ ... 26t5d.html
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Alan Jones

Post by Kooky » 1st Oct, '12, 06:13

He's a total scumbag. Whoever this was about, not just a Prime Minister, it would be completely out of order - and his half-arsed apology was a joke.

There is a growing backlash here against misogynists such as Jones (and Abbott) and they certainly have my support.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 1st Oct, '12, 06:43

It's too disgusting. It's a sad day when this is what passes for inspirational speech and leadership. His own mother must be so proud...
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 1st Oct, '12, 06:56

The Facebook group, including details of the 2GB sponsors they are asking to pull their support. Succeeding with some, too, despite it being a holiday weekend in most of Oz.

http://www.facebook.com/DestroyTheJoint

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 1st Oct, '12, 16:49

Only heard about this on the way home from the airport...stupid man, but then he always has been. Lots of support against him and sponsorship pulled now. Good thing too.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 10th Oct, '12, 21:00

Kooky wrote:He's a total scumbag. Whoever this was about, not just a Prime Minister, it would be completely out of order - and his half-arsed apology was a joke.

There is a growing backlash here against misogynists such as Jones (and Abbott) and they certainly have my support.
Julia certainly took the misogynist discussion to Abbott today in Parliament - am sure you'll have seen the video, I think this sums it up nicely!

" Because if he wants to know what misogyny looks like in modern Australia, he doesn't need a motion in the house of representatives, he needs a mirror".

:fblike:
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 10th Oct, '12, 21:11

Well planned attack by the ALP. That speech was delivered too well to not have been prepared, rehearsed and Abbott setup to take the bait which allowed Gillard to launch at him.

I chuckled at Abbott's pained expressions when he realised he had just been ripped a new one in a well orchestrated attack. Precision stuff and quite frankly the ALP don't do this to the mad monk often enough.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 11th Oct, '12, 05:11

It is interesting they've held back so much, he is ridiculous routinely, and he has a very long record nastiness. First thought are PM finally had a proper gutful after that business with comments on her dad, or they've saved it all up for lead up to election.

I must say I had a good chuckle at the arm waving routine of 'woke up one morning' stand up comedians take note.

Julie Bishop, Whiney Piney and the Mad Monk responses been pretty pathetic.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 12th Oct, '12, 07:25

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/10 ... -reaction/

I think the Aussie media was so focused on the daily grind that they lost sight of the bigger story that ended up going viral and leaving news producers across this country with their proverbial pants down sleeping on the job...
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 12th Oct, '12, 07:37

Thing is they've mostly lost sight that they are now a part of the politick and are no longer real journalists. You should read some of the 'nothing' content a couple of self confessed and self absorbed canberrra journos wrote - one of them implied it's their job to put the news in context because ordinary australians only take note of the soundbites and don't see it - the arrogant inference that the people noting the content and delivery of the recent speech by Gillard has not been watching the whole mess of the government since Howard didn't know when to retire showing utter disloyalty and Abbott stuck the real knife in Turnbull back proper with some help from Hockey, and no backbone at all from Bishop...they have very convenient memories.

Amusingly I've never considered myself a defined labor voter, and still don't .... I just can't stand the state of the liberal party, and their state level counterparts are demonstrating they're no better in government in favours for the lads.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 12th Oct, '12, 09:39

Tas wrote:Amusingly I've never considered myself a defined labor voter, and still don't .... I just can't stand the state of the liberal party, and their state level counterparts are demonstrating they're no better in government in favours for the lads.
Agree completely - the State Liberal governments are doing a god awful job and Tony Abbott is thoroughly unlikeable and dare I say is unelectable. Gillard's only hope is that Abbott stays in place and the State Lib governments keep cutting money to schools and hospitals.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."