Welsh bashing

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Welsh bashing

Post by baloo » 10th Nov, '09, 17:35

shitholes
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 10th Nov, '09, 18:03

Were you just passing through then?
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 11th Nov, '09, 12:34

FB - They are provinces, prefectures, territories or states. I might call my backyard an empire, and you might call England a country - but it doesn't make it so. Using a term incorrectly is fine I guess, as long as one understands that the term has a unique and non-standard meaning in the UK (or, in my backyard "empire").
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 11th Nov, '09, 18:33

Which official deffinition of a country are you using? Who made that deffinition official? You?

England is a kingdom, which was unified with the Kingdom of Scotland in the 17-18th Centuries. However, there are different legal and political systems in the two places and have been, in some form or another, since unification of the Kingdoms. Same with Ireland/Northern Ireland, which joined in the 18th Century as well (I think).

Many other kingdoms, countries, states (in the non-US version of the deffinition) and republics have unified before, and still stayed different as countries.

Just because the US doesn't have a history dating back less than 300 years, don't deprive the rest of us our history. History didn't start at the declaration of independence. Neither did the countries that recognised each other.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 12th Nov, '09, 05:58

anyway, moving on from huffer and puffer.

just read in my book forward that Jasper Fforde lives in Wales, that's a pretty good plus...it's not all about Tom, people.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 12th Nov, '09, 07:09

As long as they beat the English, they don't care.....

Poppy Appeal