Time for new iPod

Moderator: Jedi

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Time for new iPod

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Dec, '11, 00:14

The iPod has an unreadable screen, a broken click wheel and a dented case. It plays if it sits in a dock and the dock has the ability to start it to play, but I don't have any control over what gets played or anything else. I could fix it, but it's 4+ years old and, hey, I'm sure it'll cost at least half the price of a new one to fix and it'll only give it a few months warranty on the stuff that's been fixed. It's a 30GB Classic.

This iPod sits in my car and plays the music I want to here. It's a shame the Classic is so big, I'd be much happier with a 60-80GB one with a few $$ off. Obviously they don't want you to have choice, it's Apple!

But which one?

160GB iPod Classic - $348
8GB iPod Touch - $288
32GB iPod Touch - $428
64GB iPod Touch - $588
8GB iPod Nano - $180
16GB iPod Nano - $208

Maybe the 16GB nano is all I need - there's not THAT much music that I NEED on the ipod. Or I could upgrade the one in my bedroom and use the current one there in the car.

Or I could use my phone in the car, but one thing about the iPod - one cable/plug is required in order to charge it and get the music outputted, my phone would require 2 plugs.

Have just found this which would charge my phone AND allow my iPod docking unit to plug into power.....cool! (I have a lot of respect for griffin in-car charger/music playing capabilities. Far superior to any others I've used!)
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Re: Time for new iPod

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Dec, '11, 00:18

Unless anyone has an old one they are willing to donate for a bottle of wine. Don't be offended if I write over your music with mine!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 9th Dec, '11, 07:46

I have a 64gb iPod touch which I love love love. But then I don't have a smart phone so also use it for everything else, except phone calls.

Can you not use your phone as a music player?

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 9th Dec, '11, 10:02

I just bought a 16gb Nano for Mr. S. After having a 160gb Classic that he still couldn't get all of his music on anyway (he left that one on an airplane last year...) he's decided 16gb is enough and he can create a bunch of 16gb playlists and switch it up now & then.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Dec, '11, 10:15

Scrummy Mummy wrote:I have a 64gb iPod touch which I love love love. But then I don't have a smart phone so also use it for everything else, except phone calls.

Can you not use your phone as a music player?
Fat Bob wrote: Or I could use my phone in the car, but one thing about the iPod - one cable/plug is required in order to charge it and get the music outputted, my phone would require 2 plugs.

Anyhow, panic over. There's a lock button on the iPod which, for some reason, had been switched on. Therefore the clickwheel still works so all I have to do now is make sure only music I like is on the iPod and just shuffle it. Cool-a-rama!

Poppy Appeal

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 9th Dec, '11, 10:42

The pink one.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 9th Dec, '11, 10:46

chocolate wrote:The pink one.
Something FatBob has been told a lot I am sure.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 9th Dec, '11, 10:55

baloo wrote:

LOL LOL!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Dec, '11, 14:29

baloo wrote:
Reminds me of a joke about Steve Davies.

Poppy Appeal