Nose

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

BoD
Part of the furniture

Nose

Post by BoD » 26th Feb, '08, 09:08

Sitting in traffic this morning, a guy pulls up next to me in a nice shiny new 3 series convertible.. roof down. All very nice (the flash git). He then folds down the mirror, gets a pair of tweezers out and proceeds to pluck out his nose hairs. All very laudable, but in a convertible!
We are the TPF

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Nose

Post by baloo » 26th Feb, '08, 09:21

Odd. Why wouldn't he use one of those electric nose hair trimmers if he had the roof down ? Must be his first conbvertible.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Mabel
Aged Member
Mood: Confuzzled

Post by Mabel » 26th Feb, '08, 09:45

:shock: Eeew. He mustn't have realised his invisibilty shield wasn't on. Or cared.

We were followed a couple of weeks back by a most elegantly coiffed woman in her big shiny fancy (can you tell I'm good with models/makes?) car...and she had her finger stuck up her nostril, to the knuckle merrily digging about. As we sat at traffic lights and she picked away, I told the kids to have a look at the lady in the car behind us, picking her nose. [smilie=icon_e_smile.gif] The kids thought this was hysterical and promptly gawked and giggled at her out the back window. She withdrew her digging finger quite quickly. [smilie=bandevil.gif]

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 26th Feb, '08, 10:21

I saw a guy walking on the sidewalk on Tanglin Road stop quite suddenly and jam his finger up his nose the other day :shock: Never ceases to amaze me [smilie=gnigni.gif]

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 26th Feb, '08, 14:08

Sometimes a bogey simply has to be removed. And if your bogey-wallah isn't to hand, one has to apply oneself to the task.

Unpleasant, but true...
Life's too short...

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 26th Feb, '08, 16:29

Well, I'm somewhat sorry I didn't have the wherewithall to roll the car window down and yell 'Nice one!!' or at least applaud him for the effort [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 26th Feb, '08, 16:55

Did he eat it?
We are the TPF

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 26th Feb, '08, 17:26

Car was moving too fast to see whether or not they were ingested [smilie=barfluous.gif]

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 26th Feb, '08, 17:27

I have trained the BFG-lettes to warble "Looks like you've picked a winner!!!" at the top of their little voices.

Bless...
Life's too short...

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 26th Feb, '08, 17:29

BFG wrote:I have trained the BFG-lettes to warble "Looks like you've picked a winner!!!" at the top of their little voices.

Bless...
I'm sure living here gives them lots of practice with that [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Possum
Going Postal

Post by Possum » 26th Feb, '08, 17:29

It wasn't my ex was it? I know it shouldn't grate me but when he pulls up outside my drive I am so tempted to reverse my mummy wagon into it :twisted:
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 26th Feb, '08, 17:32

For a minute I thought you meant the guy I saw, Poss [smilie=haha.gif] But then I realized you probably meant the guy BoD saw in the 3 series convertible [smilie=haha.gif]

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 26th Feb, '08, 19:34

could have been.. he was of a suitable geographical disposition
We are the TPF

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 26th Feb, '08, 19:36

I've often seen locals at traffic lights plucking something out of their nose/ears/face. Some of them even have a tool kit for it. What puzzles me is why are they so intent in plucking hair out of every orifice and yet they let hair grow out of a facial mole or wart to a length they could wrap in a turban? :roll:
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Blossom
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Blossom » 26th Feb, '08, 20:15

How do they pluck using 2 coins? I've tried with hairs on my legs but can never get the hair...

sundaymorningstaple
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Thinner!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » 26th Feb, '08, 21:50

Blossom wrote:How do they pluck using 2 coins? I've tried with hairs on my legs but can never get the hair...
I think it's an inbred trait kinda like myopia (with the eyes and attitudes). [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Like storing coins in their ears and beating the crap out of vacant bus seats before they sit down.