Attica

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

T2K
Going Postal

Re: Attica

Post by T2K » 25th Mar, '09, 14:34

I concur. But, as stated earlier, we really weren't talking about music as opinions there go all over the place.

Haven't been to Attica in about 3 months or so, will have to pop in and check it out.

Ice Cold Beer never disappoints though!
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 25th Mar, '09, 14:43

I met a very attractive blonde Aussie chick last week who said she'd been to Singapore and was taken to a bar full of expats, where you throw your monkey nut shells on the floor. It wasn't Raffles - I could only think it was Number 5. She said she was chatted up by a very friendly American; for some reason I thought of you, T2K.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 25th Mar, '09, 15:55

all I ever think about when I see this thread is Dog Day afternoon

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 25th Mar, '09, 20:49

Anything's possible Kooky, even a very attractive Aussie chick! Though I don't generally hang out at places that serve monkey nuts. Monkey brains maybe, but not monkey nuts. One must draw the line somehere.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 25th Mar, '09, 21:18

Funny how Aussie chicks and monkey brains came up in the same post......
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

msam
Lurker
Mood: ok

Post by msam » 16th Mar, '13, 03:50

worse experience ever in my life. never have i been pushed by a bouncer or spoken rudely but attica did both not just to me but to my friends, who were girls. we were 2 guys, 2 girls and after buying bottle and other drinks at le noir (owned by same person), attica bouncers told us to get 2 stamps from le noir and come by 2am. we followed their request. when we came back, they stamped us all but let the girls in only and asked my guy friend, carrying a laptop bag, to put it in locker. once he did and came back, they wouldnt let us in. we saw them allow groups of 5s and 10s of ppl and many of the ppl in the grounds were guys. this obviously aggravated us and when we asked why we can't get in as theyve stamped us, no response. we waited patiently for abt 20 mins at which pt, i told them either u decide that we get in or you let me get me friends out. they too were waiting near the door but bouncer wouldnt let them stand by the door. they said no, we dont care. at which pt they pushed me and automatically i pushed back. once my friend (girls near the door) saw that, they came in retaliation and they pushed them too. they're completely beyond control! i've lived in other countries in the past, like US and pushing would amount to battery. the cop i spoke to immediately after, though understanding, however mentioned such law doesnt exist in Singapore so i would need to make a court case and get a lawyer. not worth time or effort to make some douche bouncers learn their lesson.

my lesson learnt, never ever again visiting Attica and i recommend the same to anyone else out there. their bouncers r the biggest douches ever encountered and im not a teenager whose desperate to get into a avg club anwyays. if they'd from the outset told us, u 4 can't get in, we wouldnt wasted our time but they wanted to play the douche card. so be it.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 16th Mar, '13, 08:05

Maybe you got bounced for illiteracy.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 16th Mar, '13, 09:07

Pushing a bouncer in any country is just asking for trouble. No, it's begging for trouble.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 16th Mar, '13, 18:40

Yes, even when they push first (as apparently happened above, as best I can determine from the jumbled story presented).

It's also true that in SIngapore, seemingly any physical altercation that doesn't result in either death / serious bodily injury / a New Paper story is not reportable to the police, who will just recommend that you get a lawyer.
-Theodore Roosevelt

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 16th Mar, '13, 21:11

We are missing an important point here. He had a laptop?
We are the TPF

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 16th Mar, '13, 23:48

[smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif]
BoD wrote:We are missing an important point here. He had a laptop?
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

Calatrava
Limp Member
Mood: Anxious

Post by Calatrava » 26th Mar, '13, 16:32

Apparently according to a colleague of mine, locals are also not very welcomed there. Supposedly because they don't spend as much as the white folks. I mean seriously? Have you seen how much the chinese spend on drinks in those KTVs, etc.?? Daft management.
Blame no one but yourself for any failures. Similarly any success is also all you and you alone.