ECP ERP Gantry fault?

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

ECP ERP Gantry fault?

Post by Pinklepurr » 7th Mar, '08, 18:05

Not sure where to post this so...

Does anyone else here pass through the ERP gantry on the ECP in the morning? Particularly this morning?

Reason I ask is that my silly IU (or whatever they call it) decided to beep its head off at me non stop with an error message after going through it this morning. Last night when I went through the carpark exit it worked just fine and the cashcard had not been moved or even touched since then. The other odd thing was that there was an exceptional amount of braking just at the gantry point by other users making me think that something was a little out of the ordinary.

Anyone? I have done a bit of a search but come up with nothing.

Damned if I want to pay a stupid fine for something that is not my fault. :twisted:
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: ECP ERP Gantry fault?

Post by baloo » 7th Mar, '08, 22:33

There is a shortage of new cash cards at the moment simply because this period marks the 5th anniversary of the introduction of the IVU and ERP combo. And guess what, Cashcards have a fixed life of 5 years before they expire.

Yours could be one of the expired ones. To make matters worse, most 7 Eleven stores have sold out of them.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

FurBaby
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: bedoggled

Post by FurBaby » 7th Mar, '08, 23:48

well, a few months ago, my mum's cashcard got beeped and deducted as she was driving *out* of Orchard Road onto Killiney Road.

she didn't want to make a fuss over $0.50, but just imagine what a windfall the LTA chappies got off the hundreds or thousands of people who must have driven through that gantry that afternoon.

kind of makes you wonder how often this happens as well.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 8th Mar, '08, 08:36

Why do the cashcards have a fixed life?? Seems pretty ridiculous to have to buy a new one - I thought the whole point of them was just to keep them topped up and no worries. It's got to be a way to somehow get more money out of the user :roll:

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 9th Mar, '08, 22:06

Well thanks guys for the ideas, but I think now that my cashcard or my ICU (whatis the name of it?) is at fault. Not an expired one either as it is only about a month old, its only on its second top up. Reason I say it is no doubt "my" fault is that today at Funan it was fine until it tried to deduct the money for parking. Little green light was on until after it gave the amount then a loooong please wait, then an error beep. Took out card, reinserted, repeated several times. Even tried another spare card (my old one) and then reinserted this one and it worked. :x

Who do you go to to check these things? I don't think I can afford the fine if it does everytime I go through an ERP! Perhaps it is their way of putting up charges without telling anyone???

Seriously, I hate the way that if you don't have your card in or it errors it is an automatic fine here. At least in other countries you get some leeway to pay the toll if you realise you didn't have the card in or whatever. :x
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Mar, '08, 22:33

The ICU can be checked at various places across the island. I think the STA vehecle inspection centre in Ayer Rajah (just off AYE, North Bouna Vista Road) does it, possibly other places too.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 10th Mar, '08, 17:57

Thanks for that FB, I will check it out before the fines start mounting up.