Monday joke

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Monday joke

Post by Aliya » 18th Feb, '08, 09:32

After having dug to a depth of 10 meters last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the POMS, in the weeks that followed, Australian scientists dug to a depth of 20 meters, and shortly after, headlines in the Aussie newspapers read: "Australian archaeologists have found traces of 150 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Brits."

One week later, Maori TV reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 meters in his backyard in Te Kuiti, Hone Waiata, a King Country Kaumatua, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Hone has therefore concluded that 300 years ago Maori had already gone wireless."
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

kittykat
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: In a state of flux

Re: Monday joke

Post by kittykat » 18th Feb, '08, 10:18

Love it Aliya! Made my Monday... :lol:
Because you're worth it...