Bali plane crash

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Re: Bali plane crash

Post by Duck » 13th Apr, '13, 21:12

I know, I couldn't believe it! This time last week I was flying with Lion Air out and back in to Bali.. Am now thankful that all I had to complain about was the 3hr delay... Even more coincidental was the fact that I joked about how everyone was fanning themselves with the emergency card onboard, I was saying that they deliberately had the cabin hot so folk would read the emergency card whilst fanning! I even did a quick life jacket check under the seat! Luckily, reports indicate that everyone survived...phew!
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 14th Apr, '13, 09:28

Damn I fly Lion every fortnight and must admit it is one of the few carriers where I genuinely get a bit concerned when landed. Indonesian pilots seem to very keen to come in hard and fast. They are always good at taking the headlines at buying large fleets - but the stuff that makes an airline safe are left in the nggak apa-apa category
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 14th Apr, '13, 19:35

I definitely wouldn't fly with any airline that's banned from US and European air space because it's so unsafe.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 15th Apr, '13, 11:06

Spike wrote:I definitely wouldn't fly with any airline that's banned from US and European air space because it's so unsafe.
Sounds like good criteria when choosing a flight. Yikes.

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 15th Apr, '13, 12:57

I'd probably still fly Lion because sometimes it's the only airline that flies to the remote places I go to. Or the alternative is worse (have you even heard of Susi Air? Dodgiest airline name ever!)

It's a bummer but I'm glad there were no fatalities. It could have been a lot worse. The last Lion plane that crashed was never found.