Spam Registrations

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

MM Admin
Site Admin
Mood: God Like

Spam Registrations

Post by MM Admin » 28th Apr, '13, 15:17

We're currently getting slammed by spambot registrations. So much so my inbox is overflowing and our webhost has asked us to move to a dedicated and more expensive VPS so we don't affect other sites on the shared server.

I've added more spam blocking filters and will keep tinkering around to fend off the spam as I'm not sure our current levels of traffic warrant a dedicated server. There might be some hiccups as I'm implementing. If for some reason you can't get in, or it's down, post a message on the Singapore Forum facebook page and I'll see whats happening. Or email me at admin@singapore-forum.com but that's the email that is being flooded at the moment.

If the spam measures don't work I might like at different forum sw before contemplating a move. The advertising and Amazon affiliate links have generated enough to pay for some more robust software but time is the issue these days.

tigerbalm
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: ok

Re: Spam Registrations

Post by tigerbalm » 30th Apr, '13, 12:37

there is a Singapore forum FB page?

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 30th Apr, '13, 14:04

Yeah. Mainly used for notification if the board goes down.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

MM Admin
Site Admin
Mood: God Like

Post by MM Admin » 3rd May, '13, 07:47

Well we got migrated to a vps despite resisting all efforts to stay where we were. Plus side it should be faster.

If anyone has a website they want hosted let me know, maybe we can throw a few more sites onto this box to help defray costs. The server is singapore based.