BeerFarce

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

BeerFarce

Post by Sardonicus » 15th Jun, '13, 22:54

There is a Beer Fest at the flyer this weekend. You get to pay a lot of money just to walk into a hot, tented area where you can then buy $10, $15 and up beers and listen to the same music at Orchard Towers.

Have they done this before?

Well if they do it again I know I won't be going.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

T2K
Going Postal

Re: BeerFarce

Post by T2K » 16th Jun, '13, 01:09

I've never been. I mean, beer is not hard to find, right? And there are these things called bars. Sounds like a good decision.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 16th Jun, '13, 16:35

I went and really enjoyed myself. The reason to go is to try different beers that one wouldn't normally find in Singapore.

It did seem to be more of a cider fest, and I could only find one English ale (Hobgoblin). Plenty of other nice beers though.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

tigerbalm
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: ok

Post by tigerbalm » 17th Jun, '13, 00:21

I managed a boot there 2 years ago and from my site of the counter it looked not like something I would enjoy.
Then again - I enjoy Oktoberfest...
Would have liked the ciders though - to find a pub with Strongbow on tap is a treat.

Duck
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Ecstatic!

Post by Duck » 18th Jun, '13, 15:14

Always good to visit when the comedy show is on... Much more of a festive atmosphere!

Agree with Fat Bob...the whole purpose is to seek out new beers, ales & ciders... Go with a group of friends...it's the people you drink with that can make the experience!
~ Smile & the world will smile with you :-) ~