Home Media Device

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Angelips
Lurker
Mood: Happy

Home Media Device

Post by Angelips » 1st Jul, '13, 00:41

Do any of you guys own any Home Media Devices? If yes~ Do recommend me one as I'm going to buy one as a surprise for my father's birthday in August =D Since he like to watch TV so much~

Some of my friends already recommended me the following brands, but which one do you guys think is better?

WD TV Live
Roku 2 XS
Huawei DC3562
Apple TV

BoD
Part of the furniture

Re: Home Media Device

Post by BoD » 1st Jul, '13, 01:12

i guess it depends where you intend to get the content from. AppleTV is a nice little thing, but can only view movie/tv progs you have in iTunes, therefore stuff you have bought from iTunes Store, or have ripped to an AppleTV friendly format. WD TV Live can play a wider range of formats and has a hard drive (which also acts as a NAS) for storing content. The interface isn't bad, but it's a little sluggish. You still need to get the content from somewhere though. I have a load of bittorrent downloaded stuff on mine

I haven't tried the other two
We are the TPF

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 1st Jul, '13, 04:04

I have the Ruko 2 and the Apple TV. I like both for different reasons. Ruko has Netflix and HBOGO which lets me watch movies and any series that has ever been on HBO on demand.
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 1st Jul, '13, 07:00

Pivos Xios.

Don't buy the Huawei. They record all of your data and give it to the Chinese military. They also send special agents to your house if you try to disable the tracking.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.