Amazon US international deliveries

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Amazon US international deliveries

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Jul, '13, 10:45

Just thought I'd warn you about the Amazon US deliveries which come direct through their Standard International Shipping method.

The shipments are now being delivered locally by UPS Singapore. They will send you an email, but the link looks rather dodgy so I didn't click. If no one is present during the delivery attempt, they will not make a second attempt. They will drop it off at a local place (in my case, a TCM store in Bukit Panjang - wtf would I pick up anything from there?) for you to pick u within 7 days, or move it back to Changi for another 10 days. The delivery note has no phone number on, and the tracking number (in my case) was incomplete so I had to check my Amazon order to find it.

I have contacted Amazon about this, I urge others to make similar complaints should it happen in future.

There again, in future, I think I'll be using Borderlinx only for shipments from the US!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal