Sharp Dressed Man

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Sharp Dressed Man

Post by skank-la » 4th Aug, '13, 08:21

Just recovering from this concert Thursday night. Every year we pick a concert & make a day of it doing the fair & the concert at the absolutely perfect Pacific Amphitheatre (not a bad seat in the house) they sell beer, margaritas & BBQ all through the concert.

ZZ Top was perfect-dead on. Everybody had a good time including Glenn who is a 13 year old guitar player. Billy Gibbons is one of the best in the less is more category

He said on stage: '40 years later we're still here, same 3 guys, same 3 cords' ;)

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Re: Sharp Dressed Man

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 5th Aug, '13, 07:49

There are two kinds of live bands, IMHO. Bands that sound better live and bands that sound worse. Some bands work magic in the studio putting out brilliant recordings, but get them on a stage and it falls short, they need tons of supporting players and struggle to keep the show fresh. Other bands are so killer onstage, with so much power and live energythat it's a struggle to capture even a fraction of that buzz on a recording.

ZZ Top is the second kind of band - if you're going to blow money for concert tickets and make a day of it (with BBQ and booze some more), this is the band to do it with!
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 5th Aug, '13, 08:47

One of my favorite tracks when I was 7 was La Grange. 1974. They've stood the test of time.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 5th Aug, '13, 10:45

Great stuff. The American Status Quo. I have the DVD of their greatest hits. Love the videos too, especially this one. And those legs... [smilie=w00t.gif]

Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 7th Aug, '13, 21:44

ZZ were always a class act that never took themselves too seriously and oozed coolness.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

sluggo
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 8th Aug, '13, 03:05

I've never seen ZZ Top live but I have been to LaGrange (not the Chicken Ranch though).
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

skank-la
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 8th Aug, '13, 06:13

The proverbial nail on the head
ZZ were always a class act that never took themselves too seriously and oozed coolness.
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!