Civic duty done now bring on the finals

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Civic duty done now bring on the finals

Post by Joseph27 » 2nd Sep, '13, 22:37

Fortunately this Friday I get the opportunity to watch my beloved Hawks hopefully beat Sydney again after last weeks scrappy 2 goal win... this week will be easier...

Knowing that celebrations may follow, I made sure I lodged my vote today at the Aussie high Com lest I be unwell on the Saturday... (London Bar in Boat Quay is the official home of the Hawks in Singapore - all are welcome)

So notwithstanding a miracle - Rudd is toast and as much as I disliked Gillard's lack of backbone in some areas - she was at least effective in getting policy through... Rudd on the other hand is a complete tool. My mistake was in not realizing just how much of a tool he is. Abbott has got a reputation for having a temper but Rudd seems a lot worse - like thoroughly unlikable and a total douche. We will never know now what difference having Rudd reinstated will mean - the thought process in putting him back was damage control but he is totally unhinged - plucking numbers and policy concepts out of his ass daily. Abbott has done an effective job of shutting up - maybe Rudd should have done the same

I would pick that we will have a clear indication of a Liberal Party win by around 7pm Melbourne time... the ALP are in for a worse night than 96.

Oh and Sunday morning the blood bath will begin in the ALP and it will be bloody and fun to watch....
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Civic duty done now bring on the finals

Post by Fat Bob » 3rd Sep, '13, 07:51

2 years ago - Pro-Gillard.
2-3 months ago - Gillard out, I want Rudd.
Now - Abbott, Abbott, Abbott, Oi, Oi Oi.

Are you really this fickle? Are you really willing to swap allegiances so much in such a short space of time? Is this the same across your countrymen? Shit, is this the same across electorates worldwide? If it is then down with democracy!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 3rd Sep, '13, 08:20

Not everyone. I'm very much ABA but looking at the choices I can't be arsed to go and vote this year because I'd just vote informal.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 3rd Sep, '13, 10:18

Just be thankful you aren't here having to put up with it all, I have been bombarded with Liberal Party flyers/letters and even mini posters in my letterbox daily (yes daily) for the past two weeks, my recycle bin is full of blue and yellow paper. In that time I have had a couple from the unions and one from the ALP. Never mind the endless ads on TV/radio. There might be a big change coming on Saturday but I have never known a time when so many people are thinking of informal votes because the choices are all abysmal.

Edit: Oh and I am wondering how long it will take after Babbott gets in that he starts making the speeches about how he can't bring any of his promised "policies" because of the mess he has been left with...that is standard fare is it not for the incoming party to blurb about?
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 3rd Sep, '13, 17:50

'Tis a pretty dismal choice for sure.

Nice long lunch followed by The Rugby Championship as voter reward methinks.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 3rd Sep, '13, 21:29

I didn't say who I voted for FB.... though Julian Assange got my senate vote :) and those sex party candidates look pretty okay... I am not a fan of either candidate and sadly a join a lot of Australians in that same dilemma.

So much focus is on the Hawks
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."