• Advertisement
The Singapore Forum is closed

Much like our beloved Nigel, the sewing circle is no longer in action. The Singapore Forum will be kept up so the wealth of information collected over the years can still be found and used, but there won't be anything new.

Thanks to everyone that made The Singapore Forum, in all it's guises, a fun, informative and comfortable place to hang out while dodging work.

The Singapore Forum Mourners Society can be found on FaceBook. Just click on the icon below.

SME/Start Up Business Banking

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

SME/Start Up Business Banking

Postby JJ » 19th Sep, '13, 11:23

Looking for recommendations for banking partner for my new start up/side-line income business...
I have heard good things about OCBC and DBS Entrepreneur Accounts but I also heard that OCBC internet is crap. And StandChart is being mentioned...

Initially at least I wont need alot of fancy banking support, I want to keep it super-simple, and low charges (is there such a thing in banking today?>?) but I will want internet banking, multi-currency accounts...

Any advice or recommendations, good or bad experiences to share? Thanks in advance.
JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Advertisement

Re: SME/Start Up Business Banking

Postby expat yorkshire » 19th Sep, '13, 12:12

i use the ocbc business banking ..no complaints
expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Postby baloo » 19th Sep, '13, 15:33

The OCBC business banking Internet site is being upgraded as I type. A lot better.

Having your company logo on your credit card rocks too.

Stay away from UOB.

When I reviewed my options OCBC was the best for a start up. They'll also come to you to open up the account if you want.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.
baloo
Can't find the exit

Mood: exhausted

Postby JJ » 19th Sep, '13, 16:39

Thanks both. Thats awesome - OCBC it is. Having spent my entire career in branding and adland, I have to say that the logo on the card was killer appealing to me :D Typical - ignore the finances of it all and go straight to the pretty pictures/nice to have. :D :D :D
JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Return to General Banter