Nokia..Pah!

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Nokia..Pah!

Post by Spike » 20th Nov, '09, 18:59

I've been a fan of Nokia phones since the dawn of mobile phones, but not any more. My E72 started asking me for the date, time and location every time I switched it on. So I took it to a Nokia service centre. After a week of 'diagnostics' they tell me it's not repairable because it has a dodgy mother board. Solution? Bin it and buy another one. I wouldn't mind if it was five years old but it's one month out of warranty and cost me $750. Hardly a disposable phone. All of a sudden I'm no longer a Nokia fan.
[smilie=23_3.gif]
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Re: Nokia..Pah!

Post by Sardonicus » 21st Nov, '09, 01:18

And that's their new model. Send an email to customer service, I've had decent responses from them, but that was before they started reducing headcount. And tell them about the CNET / ZDnet / Gizmodo / Engadget reviews you're going to post about your experiences.

I My e71 is still going strong, touch wood, but if this happened to me, my next phone would be a Samsung - their new models rival the e7* series. Maybe add that to your customer service email.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 21st Nov, '09, 07:08

The last Samsung I had was great. Apart from the fact that it needed repairing 3 times in the first year
We are the TPF

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 30th Dec, '09, 16:01

BoD wrote:The last Samsung I had was great. Apart from the fact that it needed repairing 3 times in the first year
Well yes . . . apart from that . . . :?

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 31st Dec, '09, 07:44

I just got donated a Nokia E71, no idea how to really work it, haven't really used it properly as I'm waiting till I get back to the US tomorrow to upgrade to internet etc. I'm hoping there is a lot of carry over of Nokia'ism's as all i have ever used is a nokia....
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.