Friggin' Useless Prats . . .

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Friggin' Useless Prats . . .

Post by baloo » 9th Jan, '10, 20:58

Panama Hat wrote:Would you, please, be so kind as to show me where I accused him (or is it now plural, baloo???) of being one? Or the many board members now.
Can't be arsed PH. They are there. Both times you were called on them. You tried to be clever and brush it off as our interpretation of what you typed. Not clever enough though because I'd be surprised if there are more than two or three members here who didn't think you made those references, veiled or not.

There is no circling of wagons. You throw personal insults around in a place where it's very very rare to get personal even in the most heated debates. It's only natural for the members to take exception to your schoolboy name calling, they don't like it here, they don't want it here.
What I find quite frightening is that, one poster aside, the other members here find it acceptable that children are referred to as FB did . . .
Seeing we're such a diverse bunch here, I think it shows that most here saw the comment for what it was. It wasn't an insult, vile or vulgar. It was flippant remark about toughening up. Any swear words used were not directed at the child in any way shape or form.

But hey, if it was that offensive to you, sue. You might be able to get His and Hers matching Audis.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 10th Jan, '10, 05:58

All these years of sparring and the best you can come up with is a "whinging pom" insult? Gosh, I'm hurt. [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Really, Hat, whether this incident truly happened or is one of your hilarious attempts to wind up a forum (and I know you do it, with your multiple user accounts), after this one I'll no longer bother to try to defend you in any way.

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 10th Jan, '10, 21:36

All this talk of suing and litigation has spurred me into action.

Aliya, can you represent me to sue Starhub's Granada TV channel for broadcasting "Coach Trip", the worst reality TV show ever, where a bunch of British unwashed and uneducated are thrown together on a bus for a tour of Europe while a camera records how culturally inept they are. I'm suing for the embarassment caused to the country of my birth. Should be worth a few million.
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 10th Jan, '10, 21:50

So did they also show "Borat"?
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Raffles
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: ?

Post by Raffles » 10th Jan, '10, 21:52

Spike wrote:bunch of British unwashed and uneducated are thrown together on a bus for a tour of Europe while a camera records how culturally inept they are. I'm suing for the embarassment caused to the country of my birth. Should be worth a few million.
You've got a hope, just a day trip across the channel and that's pretty much what I see....... mind you Aliya would do well when it comes to legal fees. :mrgreen:

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 10th Jan, '10, 21:57

Spike, watched that when I lived in the uk, quality train wreck tv

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 10th Jan, '10, 22:27

Sounds like a piece of classy tv.

Speaking of which, Idol season 9 starts this week. YAY!
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 11th Jan, '10, 11:03

Isnt Coach Trip what happens in real life Spike?? It was when I was in Egypy oh the horrors of the English overseas via a tour.

PH I'd love a copy of the original letter your wife sent, sans all the details of the company of course, wouldnt mind using it as a base for something i am looking at the moment!!!
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Bender

Post by Bender » 11th Jan, '10, 12:13

I've only just read this thread today. It reinforces my beliefs about being selective about what I share regarding myself and my life on forums.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 11th Jan, '10, 14:34

If only others shared your beliefs, Bender, and then we might not have had that dodgy moment with the Israeli soldier :lol:

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 11th Jan, '10, 14:59

who is we? hmmmm, sounds interesting

Dinosaur
Going Postal
Mood: blank

Post by Dinosaur » 11th Jan, '10, 18:00

Bender wrote:I've only just read this thread today. It reinforces my beliefs about being selective about what I share regarding myself and my life on forums.
Yes I've learnt that (slowly) too. I saw a funny (bad funny) posting from a Moderator on another forum (now an ex Moderator :D ) who posted a pic of himself and his lovely wife, several pics and a video :shock: of his home in the centre of a major city, exact location next to an embassy, then a few days later announced he was going on holiday for a month - aaaarkkkkk. People don't always think do they?

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 11th Jan, '10, 18:58

Dinosaur wrote:
Bender wrote:I've only just read this thread today. It reinforces my beliefs about being selective about what I share regarding myself and my life on forums.
Yes I've learnt that (slowly) too. I saw a funny (bad funny) posting from a Moderator on another forum (now an ex Moderator :D ) who posted a pic of himself and his lovely wife, several pics and a video :shock: of his home in the centre of a major city, exact location next to an embassy, then a few days later announced he was going on holiday for a month - aaaarkkkkk. People don't always think do they?
Wow! That's just nuts! :shock:
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Bender

Post by Bender » 11th Jan, '10, 19:30

Satellite wrote:Don't believe in mollycoddling AT ALL, seeing what it did to my younger brother.
What did it do?
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 11th Jan, '10, 21:42

turned him to a wimp and was difficult to undo

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 28th Jan, '10, 11:22

baloo wrote:
Panama Hat wrote:Would you, please, be so kind as to show me where I accused him (or is it now plural, baloo???) of being one? Or the many board members now.
Can't be arsed PH.

That's handy, isn't it . . .
What I find quite frightening is that, one poster aside, the other members here find it acceptable that children are referred to as FB did . . .
Seeing we're such a diverse bunch here, I think it shows that most here saw the comment for what it was. It wasn't an insult, vile or vulgar. It was flippant remark about toughening up. Any swear words used were not directed at the child in any way shape or form.

It is good to know that you can see inside FB's head for that . . .

But hey, if it was that offensive to you, sue. You might be able to get His and Hers matching Audis.

Oh, almost a clever retort, but not quite. Mrs Hat doesn't care much for Audis
Kooky wrote:All these years of sparring and the best you can come up with is a "whinging pom" insult? Gosh, I'm hurt. [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Yes, it was a bit weak, but there is not much to have a go at you for . . . and I mean that sincerely . . .

Really, Hat, whether this incident truly happened or is one of your hilarious attempts to wind up a forum (and I know you do it, with your multiple user accounts),
after this one I'll no longer bother to try to defend you in any way.

That will be a burden as you've done so well at it.
Suffice it to say that it's all done and dusted . . .

The wagons can be un-circled now. ;)

Dinosaur
Going Postal

Post by Dinosaur » 28th Jan, '10, 11:43

A boring day on Teak Door I guess.

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 28th Jan, '10, 14:59

Who you be white man, err green lizard?
Last edited by Panama Hat on 28th Jan, '10, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosaur
Going Postal

Post by Dinosaur » 28th Jan, '10, 15:33

I'm not on there, dreadful forum - was looking for something the other day on there tho' didn't find it. I shall not be darkening its doors - you are safe ;)

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 28th Jan, '10, 15:48

Dinosaur wrote: dreadful forum -
. . . but fun. :P

Dinosaur
Going Postal

Post by Dinosaur » 28th Jan, '10, 16:04

Not my idea of fun - a bit too juvenile for me.

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 28th Jan, '10, 16:08

True, look at the audience . . . joined before I moved to Thailand and it was quite helpful.